[TV] Better Call Saul (Spoilers!)

I just don't like Chuck in general, because he is one of those people who sits on a high horse looking down at Jimmy, while being simultaneously jealous of how good he is with people. And I get that he knows Jimmy better than anyone, but the scene with them at dinner is what really nailed down Chuck for me.

I'm wondering what happened to make Chuck what he is. He used to be a worldly, well-traveled, outgoing man in a healthy marriage. Now he's a shut-in who can't take care of himself.

On another note, I'd love to see another flashback episode with Mike. Maybe dealing with his experience in Vietnam.

I'm wondering what happened to make Chuck what he is. He used to be a worldly, well-traveled, outgoing man in a healthy marriage. Now he's a shut-in who can't take care of himself.

On another note, I'd love to see another flashback episode with Mike. Maybe dealing with his experience in Vietnam.
I love all the Mike parts. I can also start to see why Mike worked for Gus and why Gus and Hector vehemently hate each other.

At the end of season 2, I conclude that Chuck is a douchebag. Sure, I understand that he's been frustrated with Jimmy all his life. No matter how much Jimmy screws up, he somehow emerges with people still liking him while Chuck has to clean up. I used to feel sorry for Chuck but the guy is bringing up Jimmy's high school shenanigans as evidence. This is a sad, jealous man who just can't admit he made mistakes.

Yeah, this last episode definitely had a Breaking Bad type ending. When you see a likeable character utterly screw themselves.

I hate Chuck so much.

Logically, Jimmy knows he can ignore the existence of the tape. But the fact that Jimmy has bent over backwards to keep Chuck out of the asylum and Chuck just keeps belittling him has finally hit the breaking point. Jimmy is also an ass, and fucked up Chuck's reputation, but I wonder if Chuck even realizes that Jimmy cares less about the tape and more about how Chuck despises him.

This show is the absolute best. I love that Gus and his operation are entering the picture and can't wait to see what Jimmy/Saul does that makes him nervous to refer Walt to them in Breaking Bad.

Plus,
When Mike sees who is driving the truck away from Los Pollos Hermanos I looked at my wife and said, "Hey, it's Boxcutter." (cause I don't remember the character's name, just his fate.) Can't wait to see who else from BB shows up.

I hate Chuck so much.

Logically, Jimmy knows he can ignore the existence of the tape. But the fact that Jimmy has bent over backwards to keep Chuck out of the asylum and Chuck just keeps belittling him has finally hit the breaking point. Jimmy is also an ass, and fucked up Chuck's reputation, but I wonder if Chuck even realizes that Jimmy cares less about the tape and more about how Chuck despises him.
Yeah but Jimmy fucked over Chuck hard. Yeah there was spite in Chuck personally securing the client but it was still him trying to get a large client for his business.

Yeah but Jimmy fucked over Chuck hard. Yeah there was spite in Chuck personally securing the client but it was still him trying to get a large client for his business.
They are both assholes, I just feel like Chuck refuses to see Jimmy as more than someone he has to beat, and doesn't see that all Jimmy has really ever wanted is for Chuck to be proud of him for something. Their relationship is so toxic, and has led to both of them making awful choices. I'm just glad this episode acknowledged that Jimmy could easily say he was lying to get Chuck back on track, and have medical history back him up, because that was a huge loophole in my mind at the season finale.

I'd always thought Chuck's wife died of cancer or something. That would explain his deteriorated mental state. But learning that she divorced him instead suggests his spiteful, manipulative personality isn't anything new.

I didn't know Los Pollos Hermanos had an employee training video. If I were a high school kid, I wouldn't mind working for someone like Gus. He treats his restaurant employees well.

I really want to see how Hector gets crippled. >.>[DOUBLEPOST=1494271003,1494270564][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, 10 week online training course for a fast food job? 0_o

I'm thinking Hector has his stroke at the end of this season.

Btw, here's another training video. Gotta feel bad for KENWINS. Jimmy and Kim stiffed him on a $1000 bottle of tequila and Walt set his car on fire. He just wanted his curly fries...

Edit: I love the character they re-introduced tonight. I'm not naming names, but here's a portrait. /-_-\

Last edited:
So good. I got so excited when the vet asked "you don't need him fit them into any tight spaces do you?"

Also just a great episode. I loved chuck hanging himself like that. So cathartic.

Jimmy has been the only thing standing between Chuck and a mental hospital, I wonder if Jimmy got Chuck's ex to show up so that Jimmy can tell Chuck to fuck off the next time he gets hospitalized and feel less guilt. I know it was to make her a red herring and make Chuck drop his guard, but Jimmy still cares about Chuck, even if he's a self righteous ass. Really want to see Hamlin disassociate from Chuck somehow.

They introduced FOUR characters from Breaking Bad in last night's episode. Not bad.

I'm trying to figure Nacho out. He doesn't have any vendettas when his peers (Mike and Gus) live for revenge. He is reluctant to engage in violence while Tuco revels in it. And he tries to keep his family out of the drug business while Hector brings everyone in. There are occasions when Nacho is tempted to cross a line (like with the Kettlemans in season 1) but Jimmy can make him see reason. He's a good deal smarter and more rational than most of the petty crooks on the show.

Last edited:
I get the impression that Nacho doesn't particularly like being in the cartel. It's just a good way to make money. He's kinda the cartels version of Howard.

I'm gonna need that explained to me. The only Howards I know are Wolowitz and the Duck.

Edit: Oh wait, you mean Howard Hamlin. Yeah I can see that.

Last edited:
No more Better Call Saul for a couple weeks, but I'm eager to see what happens with Mike, Nacho, and Mr. Squat Cobbler.

That yoga scene had me cringing. Breaking Bad had moments where you wanted to close your eyes because you knew it could not end well. Think about that part where Walt's cooking in Jesse's basement and they don't know an open house was scheduled for that day. Or when Walt shows up at Skyler's work in order to confront Ted. I felt the same way when Jimmy was at yoga.

The actor who plays Chuck had an interesting take on the character. People respect Chuck and defer to his legal expertise, but they don't LIKE him. Jimmy knows how to instantly read people and puts them at ease. He could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves. Chuck wants to have that ability but it doesn't come naturally to him. And that drives him insane with jealousy.

Damn. As nice as it is to see everything start to come together, it’s going to suck when it’s done.
I haven't been hyped for a show ending since Hannibal. Kinda feels good that it's got a chance to wrap things up in a satisfying way

Late to the party but finally finished Better Call Saul and like Breaking Bad before it was a outstanding ending. I might agree wih Far, that it is overall a better show but I guess I can now rewatch Breaking Bad as a Better Call Saul sequel and find out.