[TV] Better Call Saul (Spoilers!)

TUCO!

It's always perplexed me as to why Saul/James works in such a shithole when he's actually a good lawyer.

Without spoiling anything, is this a prequel to Breaking Bad, occurs during, or is it a sequel series? Because ...

At the end of BB, I thought he went to change his identity.

Without spoiling anything, is this a prequel to Breaking Bad, occurs during, or is it a sequel series? Because ...

It's a prequel. it starts with him still using his real name (remember when he first met Walt, he confessed his real name is McGill)

However,
it does start with him hiding as a manager of a Cinnabon in Omaha. After that, it's all flashback.

With the exception of the very beginning of the first episode to show you what happened to Saul, it's all a prequel. It takes place in the early 2000's, as can be seen on the video evidence in his first case being dated year 2001.

First ep was awesome. Felt like a true sequel/prequel to Breaking Bad. Haven't watched the second ep yet but can't wait.

Fucking awesome ending when Tuco pulls him in. This promises to be a great series.

I was surprised to see there are actually nice neighborhoods in Albuquerque. Breaking Bad did for Albuquerque what The Wire did for Baltimore.

Show is great. Loving it so far.

Why no Mrs. Kettleman, I don't believe that you're guilty.

Oh, Mrs. Kettleman!

Me when I'm at work and hearing people praising this show.

aKe2I.gif

SO GOOD.

Anyone else just realize that Saul Goodman has another meaning before this episode?

LALALALA NOT READING POSTS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS WEEK'S EPISODE YET.

But i just discovered this morning that Kelly Dixon, Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould ARE doing a Better Call Saul Insider podcast. Go listen to it. It's every bit as fun and insightful as the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast was.

And if you are unfamiliar with that podcast, i highly recommend that too. I've actually listened to the whole thing a few times.

I cracked up when Saul mentioned he'll have her own prison gang.

Another good episode, honestly, no fillers, the storyline progresses to possible a great season finale in a few episodes.