Battleborn (Gearbox Software)

Dave

Staff member
Haven't seen anything, but if it's from the guys who did Borderlands I'll be getting it.

But they missed a chance when they didn't use the Five Finger Deathpunch song "Battleborn".

GasBandit

Staff member
Haven't seen anything, but if it's from the guys who did Borderlands I'll be getting it.

But they missed a chance when they didn't use the Five Finger Deathpunch song "Battleborn".

I'd like to say that too... but would this be the "Borderlands" gearbox, or would this be the "Aliens: Colonial Marines" and "Duke Nukem Forever" gearbox? That's the question.

The video says, "From the makers of Borderlands."
I'm guessing they're not going to choose to advertise this game with the taglines, "From the makers of Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines" since those titles have fared poorly among their target demographic.

On the other hand, I suspect those had a lot of baggage, so I'm expecting they'll have more freedom to do what they want, and from the people I've seen them hire I'm guessing they're going to want what a lot of gamers will enjoy.

But time will certainly tell.

Gentleman brass robots? I'm in.

Though, it looks like it's either going to be a MOBA or a basic horde mode, which... yeah, I don't know about that. But I suppose in this day and age -every- studio has to make one of those.

I'm stuck. I shouldn't be spending money on game consoles or upgrades for my computers, but none of my systems are anywhere close to the minimum specs for it.

I'm supposed to spend close to $350 for laminate flooring to replace decades old carpet in a room we just converted to a bedroom today, I wonder how unhappy my wife would be if I came home with a game console and a rented carpet cleaning machine...

The laminate only took several hours that night, so it's all said and done. A consulting contract came through, so I'm now looking at building a gaming rig for my kids which should be good enough to play the next few years of games. If I do I'll ping you in a new thread asking for advice - it's been a long, long time since I paid any attention to the build scene.

The laminate only took several hours that night, so it's all said and done. A consulting contract came through, so I'm now looking at building a gaming rig for my kids which should be good enough to play the next few years of games. If I do I'll ping you in a new thread asking for advice - it's been a long, long time since I paid any attention to the build scene.
IMO, a good starting place is logicalincrements.com - barring personal brand preferences and the likes, of course.