[Movies] Avengers: Endgame Spoilers Thread

Good point. Let's clean that up a bit:

"That's America's tush!"
"That's America's bottom!"
"That's America's booty!"
"That's America's rump!"
"That's America's caboose!"
"That's America's ba-donk-adonk!"

You know, I think this only makes it worse.

Little late to the argument, but I'll just say this, Bucky fucking sucks and no one would trust his brainwashed bland ass to be Captain America. 1000% Sam is the pick.

Falcon-Cap looks WAY cooler than Bucky-Cap in the comics too.

Y'know I wonder what any planets that haven't heard of Thanos would have made of the Snap in the MCU. One day half the population just up & turns to dust, then 5 years later they reappear as mysteriously as they vanished, only they didn't age in the time they were gone or have any memories of the intervening time.

What happened? Is it going to happen again? If it does, will the vanished come back again?

Might be interesting in a future space based movie (Guardians or Cap Marvel sequels) to see the heroes visit a planet like that & see what they make of it.
"You are witches and we will burn you for the glory of our God."
"How do you even know your God exists?"
"Well a few years ago we didn't worship Him well enough so He made half our population disappear, then we turned back to religion and asked for forgiveness and He restored the lives of our lost."
"No, see, that was a really ugly alien called Thanos. See there were these things called the Infinity Stones..."
"SILENCE! I will not hear of your lies."

Y'know I wonder what any planets that haven't heard of Thanos would have made of the Snap in the MCU. One day half the population just up & turns to dust, then 5 years later they reappear as mysteriously as they vanished, only they didn't age in the time they were gone or have any memories of the intervening time.

What happened? Is it going to happen again? If it does, will the vanished come back again?

Might be interesting in a future space based movie (Guardians or Cap Marvel sequels) to see the heroes visit a planet like that & see what they make of it.
"Well a few years ago we didn't worship Him well enough so He made half our population disappear, then we turned back to religion and asked for forgiveness and He restored the lives of our lost."
"No, see, that was a really ugly alien called Thanos. See there were these things called the Infinity Stones..."
Wasn't there a tv show with this plot called the vanished? I'm going to say that was one of the planets.

Why another planet? I'm sure somebody on earth will exploit the hell out of other people with both events. Suicide cults are mentioned at one point in the movie for example.

This sounds like an episode of Star Trek.

Yeah that's kind of what got me thinking. He's a baseball fan, probably kept tons of Reggie Jackson rookie cards.....then omg, he kept a mint set of Cap cards for Coulson!

Just saw it last night. Trying to catch up on the thread

*Time travel is weird. I feel like they should have really used the stones more as they collected them to help show that they were smoothing out the timeline and not creating parallel timelines.

*Professor Hulk was cool. I like how Banner was always really nervous and kinda panicking all the time but Prof. Hulk was super positive

* Girl shot was fine. Felt like these were just the people who happened to be there to me.

*Sam will be a good Cap. At least he won't try to Box Thanos aka the guy who punched out the hulk. Jesus what a wack ass argument. Cap is one of the few heroes not defined by his powers. You gotta talk to fish to be Aquaman, you gotta stick to walls to be Spiderman but to be Captain America all you really need to do is b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶i̶z̶e̶n̶s̶ stand up for America's values.

*Starlord ain't got shit for powers. He's just a dude in space and he's not even that good at doing that.

Oh! Maybe it's ok because all the other timelines get fucked like how Dr. Strange saw.
Since there's infinite timelines, we'd likely get one where Loki steal the Cube and they still beat Thanos (and 14 million others where they don't).

All right, I think I can share this. I have not seen A:E (nor any of the other MCU films, TBH), but what I've heard about Endgame has made me realize why I really stopped following Marvel Comics back in the 1990's.

The way Marvel deals with multiverses and Alternate Timelines makes DC's Crisis on Alternate Earths look positively sane by comparison. I just recall all the things with the X-Men and how things got so out of hand you forgot what the team looked like this month, and I suddenly realized that this was exactly what they were doing in the MCU.

The more you mess with timelines, the more unwatchable/unreadable a universe becomes. The only fictional franchise where it's worked is the one that intentionally hand-waves it away with a flick of a sonic screwdriver and a whirr of the TARDIS. Not even Star Trek does it well (oh, hai, Discovery!).

Marvel Comics FUBAR'ed the comics up with alternate universes and timelines. Doing that to resolve the Ultimate Bad Ending issue makes it head-bangingly frustrating.

Just my $0.02.

P.S. - Not planning on watching A:E, though I might rent the original Iron Man just to see Downey at the beginning of this long ride.