[Question] August 2016 pre-election poll

If asked to vote this moment, how would you vote?

• I am ineligible to vote in the US presidential election

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I wouldn't even go to the poll, though I am eligible to vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would go to the poll, but I wouldn't mark a vote for president, just other offices/issues

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I would write in a president other than those that may appear on my ballot

• Clinton/Kaine (democratic)

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Johnson/Weld (libertarian)

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Stein/Baraka (green)

• Trump/Pence (republican)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a quick check to see where people are right now. Anonymous, contains four parties and abstention voting options. There's no good way to order candidates, so I'm alphabetically going by last name of the presidential candidate.

As a New Yorker (ugh) my vote for president doesn't matter, but I need to vote against Trump just for my concience.

As a New Yorker (ugh) my vote for president doesn't matter, but I need to vote against Trump just for my concience.
I find consolation in the fact that all of my relatives that will vote for Trump live in Buffalo tbh.

As a Texan I'm pretty sure my state is going to go for Trump, but I'm torn between voting for Clinton whom I'd actually rather see win or Johnson who I'd like to see win Texas as a big FU to the two party system and has a better chance than Clinton of that.

At last check, WV has a 99% chance of going red in November. Not with my help it won't.

I'm hoping the "war on coal" rhetoric backfires, and the unions get the rank and file to see that Trump is firmly on the side of the mine owners and not the miners.

And to @phil, there's no one with the national footprint of a Nader, Perot, John Anderson, Wallace, or Thurmond to make even a ripple this time around.

As a Texan I'm pretty sure my state is going to go for Trump, but I'm torn between voting for Clinton whom I'd actually rather see win or Johnson who I'd like to see win Texas as a big FU to the two party system and has a better chance than Clinton of that.
Clinton currently polls much better in Texas than Johnson, but not in the right places to realistically expect to win, if that pushes you in one direction or another. FYI, the polls are pretty old (pre-both conventions).

Dave

Staff member
All he needs is a turban and the middle name "Hussein".

And yes, I know a turban isn't muslim. Unlike people who emphatically use the middle name in posts or conversations.