Ask me anything: Leporidae edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rabbitgod

So I didn't make a post in the introduction thread, which is good because I'm always terrible at those. Also I so desperately want to be part of the group.

So ask away.

R

rabbitgod

callistarya said:
Where's your avitar?
I'm lazy. I know it would only take 2 minutes to load that bad boy up, but I just can't seem to get it done.

WildSoul said:
Why are you rabbitgod?
I have a degree in Anthropology (specialized in archaeology) I took a lot of classes about Mesoamerica and of course my local area. There are many rabbit deities/spirits in these cultures and the absurdity of anthropomorphic rabbits makes me laugh.

Sadly that handle is not unique enough. I've seen a few others out there with some sort of variation of it. I thought about switching to 'teotltochtli' which is the Nahuatl translation, but that's hard for people to spell.

North_Ranger said:
Be ye a ninja in disguise?

*primes his blunderbuss*
Good sir! I have never been accused of any sort of ninjary. I bid you good day!

A

Andromache

Who are you and what's the most painful way you could think of dying?

R

rabbitgod

Who are you and what's the most painful way you could think of dying?
Having never been tortured I don't know who the real me is.

Drowning

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Are you only a god of rabbits? Or does that also extend to hares, bunnies, and lagomorphs in general?
If it makes me sound more fearsome then we'll say all of the above.

North_Ranger said:
Be ye angry at th' Weasel Queen fer usurpin' yer domain?
Yes, that fucking bitch.

R

rabbitgod

Alright, finally uploaded my avatar. Now you can put a face with the name!

And this is a shameless bump to get my thread back to the top. It was dangerously close to the second page. My ego won't allow that. Won't someone think of my ego? And the children. But mostly me.

R

rabbitgod

Use your discretion and I'll be there in one week. We'll drink a couple beers and spend the weekend divvying up your national bikini team.

R

rabbitgod

Ehhh, mehhh, yeah I guess.

You will have to provide me with a bowl of carrots. Carrots and a case of beer.

Such is the requirements of my cult.

R

rabbitgod

Ack, I fell to the second page!

Let me tell you all a little about myself in the hopes that I can garner some questions and not feel like a total failure.

So I'm from Tucson, Arizona. I'm 28 and married (she's pretty cool). I have an Associates and Bachelors in Anthropology. I like to list them both so people think I accomplished more than I did. I wanted/want to be an archaeologist. I bounced around for a few years after school doing archaeology, working for private industry, independent contractor, and the community college. I work a pretty crappy job in the accounting department (read: I'm the only person) of a small company that owns gravel pits and landfills.

Hobbies (although I rarely have time/money) include:
Scuba Diving
Hiking/Biking
Archaeology
Travel
Homebrewing
Cooking
RP/Video games
Basketball

Cajungal

Staff member
Questions!

What's your greatest strength?

What's your greatest weakness?

What's your favorite drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic)

What's your favorite spot to relax?

What book can you read over and over?

What movie can you watch over and over?

R

rabbitgod

Questions!

1 What's your greatest strength?

2 What's your greatest weakness?

3 What's your favorite drink (alcoholic or non alcoholic)

4 What's your favorite spot to relax?

5 What book can you read over and over?

6 What movie can you watch over and over?
1 I'm pretty good with project management. I was always able to take whatever academic stuff we were learning in class and apply it to the physical part.

Like mapping. I was taking a class where they teach archaeological theory and how it applies to maps. This one exercise we were using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodolite . Well one of them broke so there weren't enough to go around. I volunteered to wait for the first person to finish. The instructor was concerned because the exercise was designed to last the rest of the period. I insisted and even though people had a 30 minute head start I finish before most of the class.

I guess it's really just multi tasking, taking the big picture and making sure the little stuff gets done.

It's that or my blood. I'm a Red Cross Baby Brigade donator, so my blood is awesome for babies.

2 I can't study. No matter how hard I try I just can't sit down and go page by page reviewing information. If I didn't learn it in the lecture or textbook then I'm pretty much boned.

3 Jamaica for non alcoholic. Beer for alcoholic (this shouldn't be too big of a surprise)

4 Anywhere hiking. I really like the foothills here where the desert transitions into mountain forest.

5. Frankenstein. My car was stolen over a year ago and I thought my only copy (the one I've read a dozen times) was in there. I was more upset about that then the actual car. About six months later I found it in my bookshelf.

6 Shawshank Redemption

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

If you could use one person to characterise your (dream) self as an archeologist, who would that be?
I'm not sure I understand this one. Who amongst archaeologists do I wish I could be? Who in the archaeological record do I most resemble? Harrison Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.