April Contest!! - My mom is special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom told me she wished she'd gotten an abortion instead of being stupid enough to have me. In her defense, she didn't mean it, she was just pissed over some stupid teenage thing I did.

M

Matt²

My mom was special because she nursed me with love, cared for me when I was sick and well, taught me to sing & encouraged me to love others.

(my mom has passed on but I have a special someone I can give it to if I win)

After 33 years, my mother still bakes me a cake for my birthday that she hates to make, just because she loves me.

Cajungal

Staff member
She pulled my brother and I out of school when there was "more interesting stuff going on" outside of it.

She pulled my brother and I out of school when there was "more interesting stuff going on" outside of it.
Honestly one of the best memories I have of my mom is when she skipped work and I skipped school without the other's knowledge. So when I came home and she was there we were both like:

"What are you doing here??"

*narrows eyes*

"Alright, we'll call it a wash."

Dave

Staff member
Remember, the contest is open until THIS FRIDAY!

Don't forget to get in your entries to win $100 for your mom for Mother's Day!

She gives people more chances than she's earned dollars in her life.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

She taught me that half-assing something is worse than not doing it at all.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

She taught me that there's always someone out there smarter or better than me at something, but that doesn't make it not worth doing.

My mom taught me the value of making things by hand.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

My mom taught me that the most important ingredient in a recipe is love.

M

makare

My mom has made my life better by being a constant reminder of what not to do.

She was the first in our family to go to college. Them learnins hard!

I respect her because she hasn’t had a drink in 14 years. Impressive since that covers MY teenage years.

I love her because when the cops showed up she said everything was fine and we didn’t need assistance from the police thank-you-very-much.

Those are all different entries.... makare knows what's up.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mom followed a teenager home who nearly hit her in traffic and lectured him about safety and respect. Heehee

My mom just had to put her dog down and yet she is still finds a way to care more about other peoples needs first

Mine is special because my favorite dream of her is when I tore open her throat with my teeth and she gurgled like a murloc. I laughed for days. Noone makes me laugh like Mom.

Dave

Staff member
Ready to hear who won this thing? HUH?

My methods of choosing a winner.

1) I take all of the entries and put them in an Excel spreadsheet. I give them all a random number using "=rand()" and then sort the entries low to high.
2) Next I take every 2 entries and determine which one is better using the following criteria:
  • How sweet/real is it?
  • As it's going on a card, would mom like to read it? (And I used my mom & wife as a template for this.)
3) After I went through those I sorted again by the random number and then did the best of two again. I kept doing this until I got my top 10.
4) Then I took these 10 to several people in my office and they chose their favorite 3.
5) The one which had the most votes is the winner.

Please note that I didn't read through these before and since they were in Excel I had no idea who wrote them until after the winners were chosen.

And your top 3 are:

#3 - "My mom is special because she believed in me when no one else did." - TINWHISTLER!

#2 - ""Don't ever go around thinking you're any better or any worse than anyone else on this earth."- My Mom." - BOWIELEE!

And the winner of the contest is....

WINNER: "After losing her husband 22 years ago, my mom went on to raise three young boys and teach us how to be men. Her love impacts me every day." - ESPY!!

On Monday after getting Espy's name & address from a PM, I will send to him overnight a Visa Gift Card in the amount of $100 along with a Mother's Day greeting telling how he won the contest and it will include the winning entry. He can present all of this to mom for Mother's Day.

Take tissues.

Great contest, everyone! I will be starting May's a tad early to get people rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.