April Contest!! - My mom is special!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I realize that the March contest is still going on until this coming Monday, but since it's April we're gonna get this month's moving. And it's a good one!

The Contest: In 140 characters or less, tell us why your mom is special. It can be because she cooked you breakfast, it can be because she's beautiful. But let us know why she deserves the Prize!

The Prize: $100 pre-paid Visa card that you can give to your mom on Mother's Day! (May 9th)

Additional Rules:

1. Put all entries in this thread.
  2. You can put in as many entries as you like.
  3. If longer than 140 characters, the entry will be disqualified.
  4. The contest will run through April 23 and a winner will be announced between April 24 & April 30, depending on the number of entries.
  5. Prize will be awarded on May 3 (when I get paid) and I will even pay extra to have it sent as quickly as possible so you can present it to Mom the following Sunday.
  6. If you live in a country that does NOT have Mother's Day the card will be sent regular mail, not super fast expensive mail.
  7. Mods are eligible for this contest as I am the sole judge.
  8. As it's my contest, rules and I buy the prize I reserve the right to add or change rules as I see fit when I feel like it. I probably won't do this, but we have too many lawyers on the boards to not cover my ass.
  9. Registered Users only are eligible, but if someone registers solely to win this they are more than welcome.

My mother is special because she is the inspiration for me to fight crime. Also, shes deeaaaaaaad!

Ross

Staff member
Whenever I come home she makes a special macaroni and cheese and hot dog dish just the way I like it.

My mom is special because she has always been there for me no matter what. Even when I messed up she was there to correct me but it was always in love and kindness.

24 characters over limit.

My mother is special to me because she's currently being helpful in getting me, I mean, her, a hundred dollars #abusingcontestsandhashtags

Cajungal

Staff member
She didn't shed a single tear when all 3 of her kids left the church that she loves. She knows that we're still great people.

K

Kitty Sinatra

My mom is special because she drinks as much wine as I do, making for an awesome night of revelry

At only 22 years old, my mom bravely faced raising a child with leukemia. Then 21 years later, helped the same child face Guillain-Barre.

C

Creature

My mom is special because she calls herself "Gangsta Bitch Barbie". No lies. She is a beast.

W

Wasabi Poptart

When I was a baby, mom put a shotgun to the nose of a guy who was trying to break into our apt while my dad was at work. Mom is a badass.

B

BoringMetaphor

Survived accident that killed 9, had brain damage, was in a coma for 8 weeks, learned to walk again, then raised 5 kids including quadruplets

My mother isn't just a mother, wife, or a nurse. Through tragedy she re-discovered herself, and became the most incredible woman I know.

My mother woke me up before eleven, cleaning and vacuuming my apartment. I think it's proof that she doesn't love me.

My mom is special because she believed in me when no one else did.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

my mom is special because even though we were poor, she made sure we had a rich life

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

My mom is special because she would kiss my boo-boos

W

Wasabi Poptart

My mom is special because she taught me to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

My mom not only taught me that I could do anything I wanted in life, but also that I have to get up off my ass and make it happen myself.

After losing her husband 22 years ago, my mom went on to raise three young boys and teach us how to be men. Her love impacts me every day.

A

Andromache

mom was a fuck up, so was dad,
she died 1st, made him feel bad,
when his mind went, early love memories of her were all he had.
He died glad

L

LordRavage

My mom is special because they give her medicine and put her in a padded room with a white jacket.

My mom always was more concerned with teaching me to learn from my mistakes, rather than sitting in judgment over me when I made them.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I'm a mom and I'm special. My son says I'm cool. He also thinks I have nice hair. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.