Anyone else sick of the royal wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiarn

Utter tripe and yet another very obvious comment on the sad state of the world's priorities. I'm completely with you on this Mathias.

The only thing more pointless than celebrity gossip is royal gossip. Who the hell gives a fuck about their wedding?
I think they are predicting 2 billion people to watch the wedding. That's kind of staggering, no pressure on the bride though :mad:

fade

Staff member
What are you talking about? Sound like a chick flick. I'll probably skip it.
Not to derail... No.. Strike that. I love to derail. Everyone's post plays in my head in a specific, subconsciously assigned voice. When you dropped the 's' on the verb, yours automatically switched to Chibibar.

Yes I am sick of hearing about it, but I am a history buff. I'll watch it out of obligation to all those other stiff upper lip bastards that I've spent a large part of my life reading about.

So Saturday morning I'll crack a few beers and watch all the cavalry regiments riding about and fast forward all celebrity gossip.

I haven't watched anything on it because I just don't care. But other people keep telling me this is how much attention Diana's wedding got, so they're just wanting to do the same now... Oh well, still won't be watching.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Eh, at least you guys didn't have to go through the pre-marital gossip of Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling. My now-ex was goddamn fanatical about the whole thing.
Still, I don't get all the hate about the British royal family. Or the Swedish, for that matter. They're figureheads, and in the end they do just about the same thing as a President would; sit around looking handsome and making statements while essentially having diddly-squat to do with day-to-day politics. At least this way they get to air those nifty crowns and scepters and whatnot every once in a while...
I do, however, concur with the earlier mention: Kate Middleton is indeed one hot CILF (consort I'd like to f...).

Nope, because the only thing I watch pretty much everything once it's on my DVR, I've only ever heard about it when I don't skip commercials fast enough.

Yeah, I also don't see what the big deal is; with the wedding OR the Royal Family in general. I mean, as far as I know, they don't hold any sort of power anymore, correct?

I don't hate them NR, I just don't give a damn. They mean nothing to me or my life and as far as can tell they don't really mean or do much of anything for anybody else.

Eh, at least you guys didn't have to go through the pre-marital gossip of Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling. My now-ex was goddamn fanatical about the whole thing.
Still, I don't get all the hate about the British royal family. Or the Swedish, for that matter. They're figureheads, and in the end they do just about the same thing as a President would; sit around looking handsome and making statements while essentially having diddly-squat to do with day-to-day politics. At least this way they get to air those nifty crowns and scepters and whatnot every once in a while...
I do, however, concur with the earlier mention: Kate Middleton is indeed one hot CILF (consort I'd like to f...).
But a President is elected to an office, and does have an impact on day-to-day politics. We choose him or her to carry out a service for us, with the acknowledgement that we will pay them for this. The royal family is born, and then they get paid to exist. What the f...

As for the coverage, it seems ridiculous up here and I've been avoiding it. I don't care, and if anything, despite my distaste for the monarchy, I feel bad for the two of them. Just let them have a fuckin' wedding. Enjoy their day. It doesn't need to be televised, it doesn't need to be a goddamn spectacle, if only for their sakes, let alone how annoying the coverage is.

The fact that "THE wedding" is able to arouse such interest in (Mainly.) the USA I find surprising. Just think what it's like over here! Naturally it female led. They seem suckers for such rubbish. Personally, as a republican I consider the "Royal" family as bunch of freeloaders and look forward to an elected President.

Jay and NR. If you think that Kate Middleton is "Hot" I hate to think what the women in Canada and Finland are like!! :rolleyes:

Cajungal

Staff member
I haven't been exposed to much of it, so I can't really be tired of it. I'm just not interested. I did see an advert for imitations of Kate's jewelry or something silly like that. Mom watched the bio about them on TV.

I rather enjoy the plans that they've laid out, to be honest. My British side talking, I suppose. I do think it's been rather over-emphasized, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.