Anyone else sick of the royal wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiarn

Anyonelse think they looked absolutely miserable during the vows? (GF was watching that 10mins for the dress)

Anyonelse think they looked absolutely miserable during the vows? (GF was watching that 10mins for the dress)
Sure, girlfriend was the one watching, right.

It's a traditional, overly somber wedding. People need to treat these things more like a celebration of unity and less like they're going to church.

J

Jiarn

Yeah, literally was the 10mins of vows (she watched it on MSN this morning). Oh and I'm totally hiding that I wanted to watch it to protect my male online ego

I agree with the fact that it was overly somber, but why? I mean even if everything was chosen for them (which it likely was) they could have at least been happy at the part where they were becoming man and wife.

Every time I turn on motherfreaking NPR today it's about these two taxpayer funded dipshits.
On NPR.

I'm ready to defund them now. :p

But seriously if they don't get my science friday on soon I'm gonna murder someone.

Every time I turn on motherfreaking NPR today it's about these two taxpayer funded dipshits.
On NPR.

I'm ready to defund them now. :p

But seriously if they don't get my science friday on soon I'm gonna murder someone.
At least technically it's only UK and perhaps Commonwealth subjects who are the taxpayers in question. And given their rate of cutbacks, that flyover is pretty much their entire active air force.

Friendly reminder: William's day job is search and rescue helo pilot for the British Army. What's yours?

(full disclosure: 7 years USN here.)

The tax-funded thing implies he doesn't have a real job.
I gotcha. I took Espy's complaint to be more about the fact that the taxpayers fund every extravagance for the royal family, including the ridiculously expensive wedding, and less about William's personal contributions to society.

I gotcha. I took Espy's complaint to be more about the fact that the taxpayers fund every extravagance for the royal family, including the ridiculously expensive wedding, and less about William's personal contributions to society.
Ya notice none of the "taxpayers" complaining about such live anywhere near the UK? :rolleyes:

Duckaudit. He is (Technically!) in the RAF, but I would like to see any other officer doing what amounts to a spare time job for him. Also as a citizen of the UK I complain like hell about the tax!!

14 years in Royal Air Force.

If he's in the RAF, why was he wearing an Irish Guards Uniform?

Nevermind, found it out myself - he's the Colonel of the Regiment (an honorary position) as the Duke of Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.