[News] Another Stand Your Ground shooting in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that much of the worlds perception is that the US is gun happy. I don't believe we see ourselves that way, and I'm willing to use deadly force to correct this misperception.
We don't see you as gun happy, we see you as gun nuts. Or trigger happy, possibly. :p

AAAAAAAAAAH TRIGGER WORD!!! TRIGGER WORD!!! I'm going to need some PTSD therapy really frickin' fast or I'm going to buy a gun, wait a day for the background check, then go wild at a midnight screening of the hobbit!

Actually... that's too much trouble. I'll just go enjoy some twinkies, steak, and violent movies.

GasBandit

Staff member
EDIT: I actually was a bit scared when, walking around Albuquerque in my first day in the US, I walked in front of a house with signs like 'TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT' or 'NO TRESPASSERS' or something like that (There had been a few recent news of shootings). I'm not saying it's logical, but it happened. It also felt uncomfortable when people looked at me weird, with suspicion maybe (I guess for walking through a residential area when I was clearly not from there?), but I don't know if it's related.
That could also be that you went to Albuquerque. Speaking as someone who lived there for a few years, and still goes back periodically to visit family, people are just kinda nutty there. Not Santa Fe nutty, but still pretty odd.

I actually only spent that one day there and two more days three weeks later. But there's some of that... After that I went to San Diego for two weeks. My girlfriend didn't want me to go see Dark Knight Returns because the shooting had recently happened and I was all 'Woman, this is California it's like a completely different world here' (go prejudice!) (I actually didn't tell her until after the fact).

[Oh, and I actually spent a whole week in Santa Fe, but only once went outside the college I was for a conference.]

ANYWAY GUNS ARE BAD YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD whatever

There are no more twinkies....
Oh don't worry, I've prepared for this day and my bunker is half guns, half twinkies, and half ammunition.

There may be only enough room for half my family, but that's why the playset in the backyard looks like a thunderdome.

Zappit

Staff member
So he shoots at kids who never even got out of the car? Then he just...went home!?!

This will set a precedent. If this guy gets off, and Zimmerman gets off, Florida should just come out and say it: It's legal to shoot black people in Florida.

I tell ya, California is NOT the state that should eventually fall into the ocean.

GasBandit

Staff member
So he shoots at kids who never even got out of the car? Then he just...went home!?!

This will set a precedent. If this guy gets off, and Zimmerman gets off, Florida should just come out and say it: It's legal to shoot black people in Florida.

I tell ya, California is NOT the state that should eventually fall into the ocean.
Correction, it's only legal for rich people to kill anyone they want. No need to be false by omission by narrowing the field overly much.

Zappit

Staff member
Correction, it's only legal for rich people to kill anyone they want. No need to be false by omission by narrowing the field overly much.
Fair point. He was rich, which was why he was so genuinely nonchalant about the whole thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Cynicism aside, I will actually be surprised if he does get off, since there are living witnesses who can attest it was not self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.