Another reason to love Barack

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
This post leads to a question I asked my wife the other night...Why is it that we all call this president by his first name (or his full name)? I've noticed that the press (with the exception of Fox News) does it too. Like he's not the president, but our buddy up in office. Ol' Barack, my pal. Think I'm going to call up ol' Barack and have some brewskis and watch the game.

fade said:
This post leads to a question I asked my wife the other night...Why is it that we all call this president by his first name (or his full name)? I've noticed that the press (with the exception of Fox News) does it too. Like he's not the president, but our buddy up in office. Ol' Barack, my pal. Think I'm going to call up ol' Barack and have some brewskis and watch the game.
I noticed something similar with Hillary Clinton. It was always Nancy Reagan, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama, but occasionally, just "Hillary".

I think Hillary came about because of her undeterminable last name.
Is she Hillary Rodham
Hillary Clinton
Hillary Rodham-Clinton...

In the 80's they called Nancy by her fist name a lot.
But who could forget Bababoosh? They always treated that as one name.

I am just glad we are not calling him BHO. Like TR FDR JFK LBJ...

GasBandit

Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, former Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m63ydlggZA:3s2qwywt][/youtube:3s2qwywt]

S

Steven Soderburgin

No wonder he's so weak on helping the gays

DAMN YOU HUSSEIN!!!!!!!!

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 am --

obama more like brobama

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 am --

Jake said:
so he's just continuing the failed policies of the past

hope and change :eyeroll:

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:02 am --

he's just looking at her because in his culture the women don't dress like that

i'd like to see her birth certificate :heythere:

S

Steven Soderburgin

I wasn't saying the joke was already made.

I was making the same joke AGAIN.

GasBandit said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, former Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m63ydlggZA:8r3ibtl0][/youtube:8r3ibtl0]
A full blooded Italian friend of mine pointed out that Italians seem to vote in their leaders based on how wacky they are and how checkered their pasts are. If they don't do several stupid things or have been convicted of sexual assault at least once in the last 20 years they don't stand a chance.

With an ass like that, you don't think about the age.

Come on, it's a glance, it's not like he hit on her or something.

GasBandit

Staff member
XP-Dolphin said:
Tinwhistler said:
GasBandit said:
quandofloo said:
Not old enough. I think she is 17.
That's old enough in a great many states.
In almost every state in the US..only a few have 18 as the age of consent. MOST of them have 16.
I thought almost every state that has an under 18 age of consent puts a 3 year stipulation on sub-18 anyways though.
Pffft, what fun would THAT be? And besides that, what magically happens at the stroke of one's 18th birthday that a 17 year old DOESN'T have that enables an 18 year old to be fully aware and responsible for the reproductive functions of his or her own body?

Charlie Dont Surf said:
boy howdy, there is nothing less creepy than detailed discussion about the age of consent.
You're such a big girl's blouse.

J

JCM

GasBandit said:
XP-Dolphin said:
Tinwhistler said:
GasBandit said:
That's old enough in a great many states.
In almost every state in the US..only a few have 18 as the age of consent. MOST of them have 16.
I thought almost every state that has an under 18 age of consent puts a 3 year stipulation on sub-18 anyways though.
Pffft, what fun would THAT be? And besides that, what magically happens at the stroke of one's 18th birthday that a 17 year old DOESN'T have that enables an 18 year old to be fully aware and responsible for the reproductive functions of his or her own body?.
The same thing that a 21-year old has that a 20-year old doesnt have to be able to drink? (or whatever age it is that your state legalizes drinking).

JCM said:
The same thing that a 21-year old has that a 20-year old doesnt have to be able to drink? (or whatever age it is that your state legalizes drinking).
Hey! I might be able to go die for my country in the military but I shouldn't be allowed to have a drink! :aaahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.