Anonymously speaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

i probably would post alot more incriminating and interesting things here if mods couldnt see who posted them

Dave

Staff member
We have to be able to read the stuff. It's for our safety. Otherwise, someone could come in anonymously and say they murdered someone. :whistling:

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Penis.

Penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis.

Whew. Good to get that out of my system.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Penis.

Penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis.

Whew. Good to get that out of my system.
You forgot "Minotaur" dude.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

i probably would post alot more incriminating and interesting things here if mods couldnt see who posted them
You need to use a different computer than normal, use a proxy, sign up a new account, then post anonymously. It's fine for legitimate purposes, such as the ask dave and jay threads where you really don't want anyone to connect you with the topic you're curious about.

If you don't use a proxy, it's likely that a bit of work on Dave's part can discover you via IP addresses, etc.

Or, along similar veins, use a new email address with a new account and use TOR. Doesn't matter if you're using a different computer or not, if your IP address suddenly says you're in Reykjavik; unless you usually post from Reykjavik.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is one of the only place I can be who I truly am. Every year I have repress my true personality more and more, and for what reason? To get a job? To make friends with people I despise? It makes me depressed, is probably the reason for my awful memory, and will end up making me mad. If not for this forum, I would not have an outlet for my true self.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

According to some branches of sociology and linguistics, the way we use language and how we portray ourserves is constantly changing, depending on the social situation. Meaning, there is no such thing as your true self; you are always putting on a mask, no matter what the situation. You are not wearing the same mask with friends than what you have on when you're with your parents; your children see a different you than the people at work.

It's quite baffling if you start thinking about it too much.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

According to some branches of sociology and linguistics, the way we use language and how we portray ourserves is constantly changing, depending on the social situation. Meaning, there is no such thing as your true self; you are always putting on a mask, no matter what the situation. You are not wearing the same mask with friends than what you have on when you're with your parents; your children see a different you than the people at work.

It's quite baffling if you start thinking about it too much.
i would disagree with that completely. in a situation where someone says they feel like they are wearing a mask, it is because when they are in a place where they feel they cannot be their true selves, they are basically controlling an robot of themselves. forcing it to act in a way that is unlike what their true self would normally do or act. they knowingly look at the situation and react to it in a way unlike a way they would if they werent socially pressured into it. the type of mask wearing you are talking about is the kind that is subconsious and that people act different ways in different situations but when they later look back on it and reflect, feel they werent completely true to themselves.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

My point is rather that there is no such thing as a pure, unadulterated self. Because of how we consciously or subconsciously present ourselves, others perceive only a facet of the self, not the entire picture.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

My point is rather that there is no such thing as a pure, unadulterated self. Because of how we consciously or subconsciously present ourselves, others perceive only a facet of the self, not the entire picture.
you're saying there's no such thing as a true self because others do not get to perceive it? you're basically saying that if a tree falls in the woods and noone's around to hear it, then it will not make a sound. i can't see myself agreeing with that.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I believe that people have a true self, call it super-ego personality or whatevs but people create different roles for themselves when dealing with different sections of people. When I am around one group of people I would say something like "This sucks and I don't care who knows it." But around a different group of people I would say something like "I get that people like it, but its just not my cup of tea." Basically whoever I talk more politely with, aren't my real friends. People who you can make fun of and make fun of me back and we just laugh about it afterwards are true friends. If you have to watch what you say around someone for fear of what they'd think of you afterwards, they aren't your friends. They are just people you are trying to impress.

i would disagree with that completely. in a situation where someone says they feel like they are wearing a mask, it is because when they are in a place where they feel they cannot be their true selves, they are basically controlling an robot of themselves. forcing it to act in a way that is unlike what their true self would normally do or act. they knowingly look at the situation and react to it in a way unlike a way they would if they werent socially pressured into it. the type of mask wearing you are talking about is the kind that is subconsious and that people act different ways in different situations but when they later look back on it and reflect, feel they werent completely true to themselves.
Shot in the dark.

Yoshi?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This thread, like this forum, both amazes and confuses me at the same time.

Also, boobies.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have no idea what you are talking about. :cool:
Hmmm, editing an earlier anonymous post.. I'm guessing mods have more power.

But wait! A mod using the M word in association to the P word? :eek:

How are we doing in the SEO's anyway?
Minotaur penis

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

SEO = die in a fire. Find one that's not a spammer, and you've found a liar. They're all spammers.

Dave

Staff member
Currently we are number #3 on Google for minotaur penis, behind a couple of facebook pages directly related to the movie. One of them has no content or many likes, though, so I think FB pages are getting an automatic boost from Google for some reason.

Currently we are number #3 on Google for minotaur penis, behind a couple of facebook pages directly related to the movie. One of them has no content or many likes, though, so I think FB pages are getting an automatic boost from Google for some reason.
Yay for the forums?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I am a secret kleptomaniac. Whenever I see money on a table that isn't mine I have to repress every single urge not to steal it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This thread, like this forum, both amazes and confuses me at the same time.

Also, boobies.
OI!!!!!!! No stealing my schtick! I'm gonna find you, sucka. I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna shove that thieving hand of yours right up your nostril.

Boobies.

Status
Not open for further replies.