Anniversary present arrived today. I'm such a band geek.

(see first pic) Ah, a bracer so you don't hurt yourself like Emily.
(see second pic) Ah, four brace of pipes.

--Patrick

I do not want to hear about what you did with those at band camp.
So, this one time at the renaissance festival, I was playing a low D tinwhistle (about twice as large in every dimension), and these teen girls walked by and said "This one time, at band camp..."

So I took the whistle out of my mouth and smelled it. The girls go "ewwww!" and I'm like "what? You brought it up." :D

Nice case! I ended up getting a Dixon. I've messed around a bit. Thanks for the recommendation!
I'm a big fan of the Dixon for easy playing and toodling around. I need a more robust instrument for playing in a group, but the Dixon is the one I use for practice at home, and I keep one in the car for playing at red lights.
In the bag, from left to right, is an Abell, an Oz, a Copeland, an O'Riordan, a Killarney, a Busman, a Tornton and a Burke. It's about $5K in whistles. I may have a problem.

I'm a big fan of the Dixon for easy playing and toodling around. I need a more robust instrument for playing in a group, but the Dixon is the one I use for practice at home, and I keep one in the car for playing at red lights.
In the bag, from left to right, is an Abell, an Oz, a Copeland, an O'Riordan, a Killarney, a Busman, a Tornton and a Burke. It's about $5K in whistles. I may have a problem.
It's the same with guitars and me. My wife asks how many do I need. n+1

You might have a problem?

:p

I just wanna ‘shop ‘em all with eyes and dialogue like they’re skinny knights or something waiting for inspection.

—Patrick