[TV] American Gods

Bryan Fuller gives me hope it will be good and sadness that he's 3 to 1 on his shows getting cancelled before season 3.

Though I still wish they'd do a Sandman show instead of movie and an American Gods movie instead of show. Doing it this way just feels backwards since American Gods was one main plot while The Sandman is a lot of stories. If we're lucky, they could segue American Gods into an Anansi Boys project without the producers insisting the characters not be black or gods. That was fucking stupid.

The project has been given the go-ahead to enter production.

Neil Gaiman said:
I am thrilled, ‎scared, delighted, nervous and a ball of glorious anticipation. The team that is going to bring the world of American Gods to the screen has been assembled like the master criminals in a caper movie: I’m relieved and confident that my baby is in good hands. Now we finally move to the exciting business that fans have been doing for the last dozen years: casting our Shadow, our Wednesday, our Laura...
(via io9)

Probably because it's on Stars, a lot of us won't be able to watch it for a while and thus aren't as crazy about it right now.

Also since Fuller's shows keep getting cancelled, cautious optimism seems the best route.

Starz is worth it though... there's this, Black Sails and Ash vs the Evil Dead. Those alone are worth but there's other stuff too.

A lot of us are already paying for various TV services. I'm not the target audience for that; my service is Netflix, I don't even have basic cable for TV. But I know others get combo-packs and that makes sense. If you're just getting a few things, that means there are other things you're not getting, so it's a matter of priorities.

A lot of us are already paying for various TV services. I'm not the target audience for that; my service is Netflix, I don't even have basic cable for TV. But I know others get combo-packs and that makes sense. If you're just getting a few things, that means there are other things you're not getting, so it's a matter of priorities.
You can get Starz as an add-on to Amazon Prime now, I think...?

I've tried reading this book twice now, both times I stopped at roughly the same place, and don't really feel like reading more. People seem to love it though, so I hope the show is good.

If you don't get the Starz channel on your cable/dish, maybe PM me your e-mail address, and I'll see about arranging for you to stand where things of this sort generally fall off trucks.
Hey, the Internet's not some big truck. You can't just dump stuff on it.

--Patrick

holy crap where can i watch this in canuckland. in China id just go buy the dvds from the guy in the trench coat. though torrents are making those guys go the way of the dodo bird.