Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
So I ordered one thing off of Amazon this year and got a free month of Amazon prime. I also got a Kindle as a present from work. Do any of you guys use the free book rental that comes with that? Also, do any of you guys use the streaming service? Can you install it on a wii? What is the movie variety like?

Danka

So I ordered one thing off of Amazon this year and got a free month of Amazon prime. I also got a Kindle as a present from work. Do any of you guys use the free book rental that comes with that? Also, do any of you guys use the streaming service? Can you install it on a wii? What is the movie variety like?

Danka
Unlike Netflix, you can see a full list of all Prime eligible movies available for streaming, direct from Amazon. They currently have 13,102 movies available as well as 2,114 Prime eligible TV listings (listings can include whole seasons of shows, not just individual episodes). Aside from that, can't help ya.

My wife borrows books once in a while. We also watch movies via a Roku, although we watch Netflix more often. Netflix is easier to navigate through seasons of shows (and movies, to be honest) and a lot of their offerings overlap. I really, really want to like Prime more than I do but they haven't won me over after a year of service. I'll be letting it lapse in a couple of weeks.

My experience is a whole lot of overlap with Netflix, with some random really awesome stand outs on each service.

Neither one seems to stream better or have less hiccups than the other that I've noticed. I think Prime is a little more user-friendly.

My experience is a whole lot of overlap with Netflix, with some random really awesome stand outs on each service.

Neither one seems to stream better or have less hiccups than the other that I've noticed. I think Prime is a little more user-friendly.
This right here. Also, some things on the Amazon stream aren't free to watch and will be rentals/purchases, so watch out for that when you select stuff.

I love Prime. The two day shipping is great.

Oh, you want to know about the other services? I guess they're neat, although I just use Netflix for video, and they never seem to have a book I was planning on reading available for rent. Still I got digital seasons 1 & 2 of Downton Abbey (1 was available for free anyways) for free when I purchased the Blu-rays. That was cool, not having to wait. Not sure if that was exclusive to Prime customers.

We use Prime constantly for shipping and we watch a bit of stuff on there but if you have netflix... eh... almost 80% the same.

I find that Netflix connects faster than Amazon, at least when I'm on my work's network. Amazon times out quite a bit. Netflix is a much easier experience.

I love Prime and take advantage of the free two day shipping quite a bit.

I actually find that a little annoying. Is there a way to browse just the free to watch stuff?
Yes, there's a filter for just Prime eligible stuff.

I have Prime and like it. It's the only streaming type service I subscribe too, so I can't compare it to the others, and I don't have a Kindle, so the free books don't help me out. I also get decent use of the two-day shipping (especially right now).

They have a shit-ton of MST3K right now. I borrow books only occasionally because the variety can be limited. The free two-day shipping is really the best part.

Status
Not open for further replies.