AMA's Seem to be Back in Style, So Sure, AMA

And on a more serious question now that I have time, favorite author and why
Probably Simon R Green. I find his novels incredibly fun, really well-paced, and some of the craziest characters and worlds.

Plus, his Nightside series was the major inspiration for Dill. So you know, I'm biased.[DOUBLEPOST=1518303335,1518303279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kirk, Picard or Sisko?
"You hit me! Picard never hit me!"
"I'm not Picard!"

Sisko. It's not even a contest for me.

Also, Janeway deserves at least to be put on the list. I'd put Picard over her, but she'd be a respectable third.

GasBandit

Staff member
You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?

(What? It's practically tradition by now)

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?

(What? It's practically tradition by now)
And he gives me a look that still chills me to this day.[DOUBLEPOST=1518317836,1518317791][/DOUBLEPOST]When you were little, what did you wanna be when you grew up?

Is there any language you want to learn?

Did you see this exchange on tumblr?

mylittleweirdo said
Hi Wil. Depression has been kicking my ass for the last 48 hours, with no end in sight and I don't know what to do. I showered, ate, went to yoga, but it didn't help. I've been cycling between crying incessantly for no reason, and feeling empty and useless. My chest hurts like I'm being crushed and can't take a deep breath. I don't really know why I'm messaging you. I read your blog sometimes to feel better, but it's not helping this time so I guess I figured maybe "talking" to you might help.

Wil Wheaton replied:
I am so sorry. I can relate to what you’re going through, and it sucks the most.
When this happens to me, I do my best to remember that my brain is lying to me, and that I’ve gotten through bad times like this before so I know that I can do it again.
It sounds like you’re doing the best self-care that you can, and the fact that you are doing that, even though you’re in the thick of a Super Happy Brain Club party, tells me that you are stronger than you think.
I wish I had something simple to tell you that will make the chest crushing pass faster. Please know that you are not alone, and I promise you that this will get better. Check in with me and let me know how you’re doing, okay? I’m thinking about you.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't understand this one. Is that like one of those "Would you suck a dick if it was clean?" jokes? I'm not gonna bother, then.
Kags gets it. It's not dirty, and it's not really meant to be answered :p

It's a reference to a recurring question asked during several transition tracks on the Dead Milkmen album "Metaphysical Graffiti" where the lead vocalist tells bizarre stories about his cousin Earl and Earl's family, with each story ending with the person who is the focus of that particular story asking the vocalist the question, and giving him "a look that chills me to this day."

GasBandit

Staff member
So am I really the only one here who liked Enterprise?
It got a bad rap. It wasn't UH MA ZAING but I watched it all the way through and didn't feel like my time was wasted. And that's something I couldn't say for either Voyager or DS9.

So am I really the only one here who liked Enterprise?
I tried it once. I found the characters incredibly dull. I heard the third and fourth seasons are great, though.

I honestly think Voyager gets a worse rap. I wouldn't put it above DS9 or TNG, but I don't think it's that bad. If I caught reruns on Space when channel surfing, I'd watch it. Usually as a background thing.

Last edited:
Have you ever binge-watched DS9 since watching it on air?

I did that a couple years ago, and it went from the top of my list to the bottom. While my opinion of Voyager improved a little on rewatch (not by much though, since I always thought it was decent Trek )

GasBandit

Staff member

I did that a couple years ago, and it went from the top of my list to the bottom. While my opinion of Voyager improved a little on rewatch (not by much though, since I always thought it was decent Trek )
I tried to do that recently. It made me hate Jake Sisko SO much. And Keiko O'Brien.

Did so just last year or the year before. My opinion on it strengthened, in fact.

What's your favorite yoga pose?

Besides DDP, do you have a favorite yoga dvd/series?

Do you like to incorporate the spiritual elements of yoga into your routine?

When you were little, what did you wanna be when you grew up?

Is there any language you want to learn?
A pro-wrestler. Which I attempted in my early 30s and failed miserably.

No language I can think of. Maybe Arabic or Chinese, I guess. Never thought to taking any courses, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1518475978,1518475943][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's beautiful to you?
I don't know how to answer this.[DOUBLEPOST=1518476086][/DOUBLEPOST]
What are your go-to movie theater snacks?
Popcorn. I can't imagine having anything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1518476225][/DOUBLEPOST]
Favorite ramen, miso, shoyu, or tonkotsu?
No idea. I don't go to Korean restaurants that often.[DOUBLEPOST=1518476359][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's your favorite yoga pose?

Besides DDP, do you have a favorite yoga dvd/series?

Do you like to incorporate the spiritual elements of yoga into your routine?
I changed depending on my mood. These days, I think Warrior 1.

I like Yoga With Adrien on YouTube. She's really funny and personable.

The spiritual side of yoga - especially meditation - is something I struggle with the most. Probably why I like DDP Yoga so much, since it doesn't have that.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my water question. That said...

What is your favorite form of potato-based food?

Does the new maple syrup grading system confuse you as much as it does me?

Does an Ariel Atom look like it would be fun?

Are you OK with heights?

How would you react to being dropped into a population where you could not understand/read/speak the language? (Russian/Greek/Korean/Iroquois)

--Patrick