amagurumi and other crochet stuff

Besides Emrys, I've had a couple of inquiries on the little guy, so I figured I should make another one just in case it turns out that one of them has to fly the coop. I have to have one for myself, after all! I chose a different set of eyes from my 'dragon eyes' collection, and I'm liking how it's going so far.

20220406_092732.jpg

Edit: It occurs to me that I could use this same basic body, and if I put a shell on the back and a mask on the front, it could be a ninja turtle :D

edit 2: That yarn snarl in the background was a pile of all his various attachments. Here he is with them added on
20220406_114952.jpg

Last edited:
Seems kind of related

True for others, not for me. :D
On r/crochet, everyone complains how they have too many unfinished works in progress. Me, I work on, at most, 2 things at a time. And that's only if one of those things is a very long project like a blanket. I never...never...have 3 things going at once. :D

True for others, not for me. :D
On r/crochet, everyone complains how they have too many unfinished works in progress. Me, I work on, at most, 2 things at a time. And that's only if one of those things is a very long project like a blanket. I never...never...have 3 things going at once. :D
I generally have 1 crochet project + 1 embroidery/cross stitch project on the go... + the 1 massive kit I'm working on that was a gift, but it will take at least a year to finish at best.

But the temptation to start new shiney things is real.

So, we had another tornado watch. So I sat in the tub and finished these rainbow colored booty shorts. Don't look if you have trouble resisting temptation. :unibrow:

1649817275033.png

20220412_212017.jpg

I'm getting much much faster at these things. Two peas in a pod. Bonus pic showing my 6 month progress on single crochet rows. That pink inset is the very first thing I ever tried to crochet. I barely recognize the green rectangle as mine, because I still think of myself as that pink crochet beginner.
1650085719109.png

1650085760243.png

Made with embroidery floss. Will try again with actually crochet thread when it gets here from amazon, and maybe it'll be a little neater. I had to break out the Metal Earth magnifying glasses for this one.
1650307900964.png

1650307927429.png

Whenever I'm quiet here for a long time, it means I'm working on a big project. 12 of 43 rows to go. But because of the way shawls work, each row is considerably longer than the last. For instance, my next row has 186 stitches. the final row will have 344.
So, I'm really just about halfway done.

1650654547329.png

Here I thought you were going for the whole "Man with no name" but crocheted.
Wait, now I have an idea for a cosplay of sorts...

--Patrick

You know when I spend a week without posting, I'm working on something bigger.
1653505212197.png

I had 8 skeins left of this yarn because I was a total n00b when I bought it, and didn't know how many skeins to buy so I got like 13 or 15.
Baby blankets take like 4 skeins to be the proper size (though the first couple I made were slightly smaller). So I decided to make another one with a new stitch (to me)--the waffle stitch.

The texture makes the blanket so soft, chunky and squishy feeling. I'm in love with it. And, all of my previous baby blankets went to new or expectant mothers, so I need at least one in my inventory for the next baby to come along. This is 2 skeins in, 2 skeins to go.

Because of math, 2 skeins makes about 26 inches per side (676 sq inches). 2 more skeins will about double that (1350ish square inches) which ends up being 36 inches per side. These kinds of projects that grow as you make them (because you start at the center and work out) are maddening, because you seem to make so much progress at first, and then the bigger they get, the more you work to add marginally to the finished size--and everything just seems to slooooow down. In theory, I could probably stop at 3 skeins at 32 inches per side and it be an acceptable baby blanket. And, you know, I may just do that. :D

Do some food patterns next!
I've done steamed buns (baozi), peas and onigiri recently :D
I think this baby yoda pattern I've had a while is going to be next, and then I may just be brave enough to tackle that irish cable scarf that I bought the pattern and yarn for way back in October.