amagurumi and other crochet stuff

Getting some strong Monty Python vibes. Which, and I'm sure you already know this, all the "chain mail" in the movie was actually knitted. You just need some coconuts!

Of course, I had to re-make this in a light color (to contrast my darker colored costuming), and to ensure the pattern was repeatable.
1689285260939.png

I've had this 't-shirt yarn' hanging around, with a specific project in mind for it. I decided to quit procrastinating and get-er-dun.
Went really quickly because I've made it before. But man, it came out huge in this yarn.

20230716_225616 (Medium).jpg
20230716_230750 (Medium).png

working on a big project. Decided to take a break and see if I could crochet a bracelet out of hemp twine. I think it turned out ok.

20230921_214324.jpg

Big project I'm working on means making a ton of these...
1696877121427.jpeg

I'm so tired of making them. I decided to take a break and work on a blanket.
1696877146993.jpeg

I figure I can swap back and forth when I grow weary of doing the same thing over and over on each project.

@Tinwhistler your crochet is awesome!!! I checked out the thread as I’ve just started learning.

Was there a specific book or online class you’d recommend?
Thanks!

Not really anything specific...I just kept buying Woobles. Each one showed me a slightly different technique, and then I started looking for free amigurumi patterns on the internet. There's a million of them out there :)

When I was ready to get into things like double crochet, bobble stitches, etc, I just youtubed tutorials and watched them over and over. Youtube tutorials didn't cut it when I was brand new, but once I got some experience, I could follow what they were doing.

My spouse, Dill, is just starting out as well and having some trouble, I mentioned you were fairly good now, are there specific videos you found more helpful?

All the Woobles tutorials for specific techniques are online for free: https://thewoobles.com/pages/crochet-tutorials
If there's any particular thing, like the magic circle, that they have trouble with I'll be happy to point to a specific tutorial that helped me.
I am not certain exactly, but I believe they said they had gotten the magic circle down, it’s doing the bit right after that which is giving them issues. I don’t know the words for it.

I may give my account over to them in a little bit to explain.

Edit: quick update, they say they think they have it worked out now and have been using the wooblies stuff already!

In addition, they love your work, especially the Zero you made above and want to know where you got the pattern from.

Last edited:
I am not certain exactly, but I believe they said they had gotten the magic circle down, it’s doing the bit right after that which is giving them issues. I don’t know the words for it.

I may give my account over to them in a little bit to explain.

Edit: quick update, they say they think they have it worked out now and have been using the wooblies stuff already!

In addition, they love your work, especially the Zero you made above and want to know where you got the pattern from.
You can find almost all my work in any easy to find format here:

Any project that I have the pattern for, I list it in the project notes. I also list any problems, changes, or other notes I have about the pattern. That one, I got from here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/zero-ghost-dog-2
but the embroidery for the nose is awful because crochet is too chunky for really fine detail. So, i did mine with a sharpie. I also freehanded the pumkin stem as the pattern doesn't have one. If memory serves, I attached some yarn to the top of the pumpkin with a slip stitch, did CH 3, and then did 2SC back down the chain and slip-stitched back into the original attachment point.

Thank you for letting me know about the Woobles. I grabbed a few kits today and got free shipping, a free tin and free Easter crochet hooks. I think I’m getting Cinnamaroll hooks too?

I got the Cinnamaroll pattern as our oldest loves him and the pastel bundle with a chick, a bunny and the tiny versions.

I have an injured hand and those kits and instructions look super helpful.

Can’t wait for them to arrive! Until then, more deformed dish towels/cat toys.