AMA: Wasabi Edition

I asked that because I was curious to know if there were any stereotypes like the ones we get about igloos etc.
There are, like how we all live the slow island life (hahaha). Some of it is perpetuated by the tourism industry though. People want the illusion, so they sell it.

coke or pepsi?
Coke. I used to drink Pepsi, but something about it started to upset my stomach.

Aniston or Jolie? (we always ask every new hire at work this one on their first day. There is an interesting trend!)
Jennifer!

And from my daughter, does it ever snow there?
We don't get snow on our island (Oahu). On the island of Hawaii, aka "The Big Island", they get snow on the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa mountains. They had a snowstorm on Mauna Kea in July this year. Right now on Mauna Kea it's -3 C, but at my house it's 28 C.

Temperatures are expected to get down into the frigid fifties.

--Patrick
LOL! They had freezing rain and black ice near the observatories. Currently it's 23F up there (the observatories are around 13,700 feet above sea level). They were going to open the access road today, but the university website says it's still closed.
However, further to the west and at a much lower elevation, it's 76F with a strong, cool breeze.

In the North Shore area there is a place called Waimea Valley that is just beautiful. It's a historical site, botanical garden, and a waterfall. The main "trail" is paved, so it's easy to walk. Plus they have activities to teach about the ancient Hawaiian culture and conservation. It's touristy, but locals go there too. North Shore itself is my favorite area on this island.
Honestly, you can take me any where like a botanical garden, wildlife conservation site, or the beach and I'm happy.

What's the one Hawaiian comfort food everyone should learn how to make?
Saimin, which is kind of the Hawaiian version of ramen. It's great when you have a cold and not hard to make.
Wikipedia says,
It is a soup dish of soft wheat egg noodles served in hot dashi garnished with green onions. Kamaboko, char siu, sliced Spam, linguiça, and nori may be added, among other additions. Saimin shares a great deal of commonality to Okinawa Soba with regards to noodles and broth, with the biggest difference being the toppings. China and Okinawa had close relations at one time. It is possible that an alternate explanation for the origin of saimin comes from the historical relationship between the two Asian cultures.
I'd also put haupia up there because who doesn't want a gelatinous coconut custard? That makes it sound weird, but one bite and you'll want to eat a pan of it.