All Things Convention & Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you get a plane ticket! Have you checked discount sites?

We should meet up and take pictures! Not that our cosplay will match, but it would still be fun. =^^=
I'm just finishing up the details on Carmelita and Alice. I've also been asked to bring my Appa back, so I have to fix it, but it shouldn't be to bad. This year is so much more relaxed compared to last year.

I hope you get a plane ticket! Have you checked discount sites?

We should meet up and take pictures! Not that our cosplay will match, but it would still be fun. =^^=
I'm just finishing up the details on Carmelita and Alice. I've also been asked to bring my Appa back, so I have to fix it, but it shouldn't be to bad. This year is so much more relaxed compared to last year.
Yeah, I have been checking kayak.com every day. :) I also check Southwest aaaand I forget the other one now... We most definitely have to meet up!

Let me know if you're going to Fan Expo, Check, I'll most likely be going this year too!
Most likely be going now. The job I landed is in Mississauga so getting to TO is easy, plus I have money.

I have to check with my friends to see who else is committed to coming and who else is actually cosplaying, but I believe the plan is I'll be cosplaying as Wash, while three friends of mine will be River, Inara and Kaylee. I'm trying to convince my roommate to be Mal but its an expensive costume and he's still currently jobless. My other roommate was to be Jayne, but he's in Ottawa for the summer so I don't think he's coming.

So I was going to be in a Sucker Punch group for Saturday masq, but that got cancelled since SDCC is getting so close now, the other girls hadn't started their costumes and also hadn't picked music yet. They tend to do a dance routine most years, but other things got in the way this year, so it at least ends up being less for me to worry about! I'm no dancer, sooo I would've needed at least a month to learn whatever routine they put together! :)

So my Saturday night got cleared up, but now I'm helping to co-host a rooftop party for gaming industry peeps! This means I'm going to be making a lot of cupcakes! (The ones I made before with girls and guns!) Also, not being in masq means that I get to wear Amber sooner at an earlier time than masq, meaning more photo ops with the mech bunny. <3

Here's a preview pic of my Alice costume! I can't believe SDCC is only a week away!! YAY! I hope to meet lots of new friends there, anyway, enjoy. =^^=

Also, sorry for the nasty quality and lack of makeup...

Looks like I may be hitting up Fan Expo for at least one day, highly doubt I'll be cosplaying anything though. Wouldn't have any idea where to start.

C

Chibibar

The only convention I went was Project A-kon cause I'm a staff there. I use to go to many other cons but lately it is hard due to cost :(

C

Chibibar

I'm the same way. I only go to SDCC.
I'm hoping once there isn't college expenses Husband and I will be able to go to more. =^^=
nice picture of Alice.

I was talking with my wife and I decided to make a good version of steampunk style wings (workable) still in design phase and hoping to find a way to make the frame :) I will use either light metal sheets or plastic for the "feathers"

nice picture of Alice.

I was talking with my wife and I decided to make a good version of steampunk style wings (workable) still in design phase and hoping to find a way to make the frame :) I will use either light metal sheets or plastic for the "feathers"
I'd suggest something like kydex. Metal sheeting that's light enough to be worn on the back in that kind of quantity seems like it'd be a good risk of lacerating something. Of course, we might be thinking in completely different concepts...

C

Chibibar

I'd suggest something like kydex. Metal sheeting that's light enough to be worn on the back in that kind of quantity seems like it'd be a good risk of lacerating something. Of course, we might be thinking in completely different concepts...
well the idea would be dull the edges so it won't cut people ;)

I think we are thinking something similar. It is mechanical wings and no real feathers but looks like a bird wings with feathers. If that makes sense.

C

Chibibar

Yeah, as opposed to panels like a bat wing.
Yea. Batwing would be cool (for a different costume) but trying to "steampunk" that would be interesting. Maybe using like Brown cloth or something to make it look like leather for wings ;)

Not everyone. :p You already know that Belle and Aurora are my favorites.

I like a very different version of Snow White. One with red hair, a leather jacket and a machine gun.
If I didn't already know why I wasn't a favorite, I would be hurt Pez. =^^=
Wow, that sounds hardcore....

Convention season is officially over but I'm getting costume plans sorted out for next year!! :D Hoping to get an early start this time around and get things done EARLY! (Yeah, that won't happen.)

Tentative lineup/ideas:
Emerald City ComiCon - They announced Adam Baldwin as their first media guest! This means Firefly and/or Chuck costumes!

Firefly - Jayne? I'm not really much of an Inara/Kaylee/River/Zoe... if I were to cosplay one of the ladies, it would probably be River. Buuuuut I'm thinking gender-bender Firefly costume. There will be a lot of Jayne's, I'm sure... but he'll be there, so why not join the crowd? :)
Chuck - Nerd Herd! I <3 Anna and I want to have wild hair like her!
Ame-Comi Jade (Green Lantern) - I've been planning on this one for a while! It will happen at some point.
X-23? Him? Amber?
Not sure if I'll have a 4th costume. I've never done multiple costumes in a day, but I'd like to! If Jade doesn't get done, I need some kind of comic book costume as I have none!

SakuraCon
Avatar - Crazy Azula & Ty Lee - I'm set on series finale Azula with messy hair and smeared makeup, but Ty Lee is more my style. I had fun being Ed since I'm bendy, so I know I'd have a blast as Ty Lee. Soooo I may end up doing both!
Mulan - Designer Princess version because OMG PRETTY.
Final Fantasy - Kuja - <3
Naruto Shippuden - Tenten - I want an excuse to carry lots of weapons.
Sucker Punch - Amber - I love my Amber costume and I want to wear it lots.
My Little Pony - I love the show, I love MLP costumes, I want to be a pony again. Yep.

SDCC
Mortal Kombat - IT'S A SECRET! But it will be happening. :)
Samurai Champloo - Fuu (group)
Powerpuff Girls - Him (group)
Ame-Comi Raven (Teen Titans) - maybe. This one is kind of really skimpy but it also looks pretty rad.

PAX
Portal - Companion Cube
Final Fantasy - Cactuar
Street Fighter - Chun-Li - She's my favorite! Sakura was made first simply because it was an easy costume, but I've always wanted to be Chun-Li.
Diablo III - Wizard? Maybe??
League of Legends - Akali? Maybe?? I love the character designs.

I need to cut this list down. It's too much!

Holy cow that is an insane list!!! OMG, My Little Pony! I want to see pictures of that please!! And, I can't wait to see your designer Mulan cosplay, you will be perfect as her!! Love love.

Some are pretty simple and wouldn't require much work. All depends on if I can afford materials and if I stay focused! :3
I did a Toodleloo MLP costume at SakuraCon. Same colors as Fluttershy so people just thought I was her, and that was okay with me! I want to make a new one though since it was made so quickly!

Aww sounds cute!!
I love Fluttershy - working on a casual costume for her right now. I don't/won't have a MLP group, so Fluttershy will probably just be for photoshoots or local con's.
Since I only get to go to SDCC..my costume list is shortened a bit. =^^= I think I'm most excited for my femPascal! Looking forward to taking some hilarious pictures with Flynn.

M

MaryMarvel

I usually only get to Megacon in Orlando. Same three costumes probably as the last two years, as my Isis has been a 2-5 year project... the lady making my leather pieces is dragging her heels a big... and she has my sandals for that costume so I hope she hasn't them still.

70s Supergirl
Lady Blackhawk
Dark Mary Marvel

Don't know what days I'll be wearing what though ~shrug~

Emerald City ComiCon is coming up in a month! Anyone else going besides me? The guest list is super amazing this year and I'm psyched about the extra day they've added on!
I was super lazy this year, so I'm not sure what I'll have done as far as costumes go. So far nothing new, but I know I *can* work fast, soooo.... /crossesfingers

Status
Not open for further replies.