All Things Convention & Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
SakuraCon next weekend!! Woo! Costume lineup is looking like...
Thursday (badge pick-up Day 0): Street Fighter - Sakura
Friday: Powerpuff Girls - Him
Saturday: Sucker Punch - Amber
Sunday: My Little Pony - Toodleloo (Easter) and maybe Sakura again for a Street Fighter shoot. But... I have so many shots of Sakura already that I may not bother with a costume change.

Still have a bit of work to do. It's really crunch time now! I still need to finish Him's wig (widows peak + slicked back + goatee!), claws (got craft foam cut out and glued yesterday, now just spray paint and figure out how to put them together... >.>), buy red tights and finish up the dress (turtle neck + sleeves). Lots of little things to do. It's my first time styling a wig and making props and I'm not having much fun with it...
MLP still needs ears painted and wig trimmed a bit. I also need to decorate the basket! Other than that... it's looking pretty good!

Finally got a room secured and Mike will actually be there all 3 days with me, too! Woohoo! Have a couple shoots planned with EBK and also a friends birthday party at the TapHouse. It's going to be an awesome weekend, just have to finish getting everything ready now. :)

Anyone else have conventions coming up? After this I have a whole lot of nothing going on until SDCC in July.

Sounds like an awesome lineup!! I can't wait to see some pictures from that.

Nope, just waiting anxiously for SDCC. Haha! I've hit the lazy stage in my cosplay..I don't wanna work on it as of right now, so I'm sure I'll have to cram a week before I leave for it. Typical.

J

Jiarn

I think I might actually be able to attend A-Kon this year. Here's hoping.

J

Jiarn

Texas, about 4 hrs from where I live. I'm going to be attending a smaller con in Southern Texas in July too.

Heatherling, I just saw Sucker Punch this last weekend and you totally make an AMAZING Amber!
I appreciate that costume so much more now. =^^= Yeah, I thought you should know.

Him teaser photo until after this weekend! :) I need to figure out the makeup tomorrow and get this wig figured out too... gah. Widows peak on the wig is a pain in the ass so I'm nixing it for now. I will at least have the goatee, so that's good enough for me at this time! Just gotta get the hair all slicked back.

After looking at it in the mirror today, I realized it just looks like a long sleeve dress (which, yes that's exactly what it is...) rather than red arms with a sleeveless dress. The reds ended up being tooooo similar. Oh well~

figmentPez

Staff member
You're dressing up as some sort of Muppet-bird wearing gold sunglasses? Oh! Now I see... It's too late, my brain isn't processing images correctly.

SakuraCon was a blast! I'm exhausted. My feet hurt. Still have a few photos to get through... but wanted to share Him with you guys before heading to bed. :)

Extremely fun to wear. People were very excited to see Him!
I HATED the wig but stopped caring because it was already a pain in the ass. Also realized later I forgot the pink cheeks!!! >.<
Those boots were awful. Just awful. I can usually grin and bear it if shoes start to hurt... I wear the same size heels to work for 8 hours and I'm a-okay but these boots killed my feet after 4. Took them off after 5 hours and my feet still hurt a lot right now so I'm glad I didn't wear them any longer. Will definitely need more comfortable boots or insoles for next time.
But all-in-all, very fun costume to wear. :D

Pretty Jasmine! My goatee was falling apart by this time. Poo.

J

Jiarn

Seriously seriously awesome job on a very unique and very rarely done cosplay heatherling! I'm sure pics of you are all over the major cosplay sites now, with praises galore.

Thanks! :)
Pez!! I have a job for you... my friends had epic Aion costumes! 3 girls, 1 guy, 3 sets of epic wings (white, red/black, and black) You must find them!! :D

figmentPez

Staff member
Thanks! :)
Pez!! I have a job for you... my friends had epic Aion costumes! 3 girls, 1 guy, 3 sets of epic wings (white, red/black, and black) You must find them!! :D
I will keep an eye out for them. I haven't been able to work on the Good Cosplay Thread for a while, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

J

Jiarn

So in honor of going to my first comic-con soon (A-Kon in June) I've decided to cosplay for the first time.

I'm not sure if it's going to be recognizable really, but it's the idea that I just can't get out of my head. Due to my likeness to the Nostalgia Critic

I'm going to try and find some similar clothing and do a send-up to him.... with a twist. I want to get my hands on some red contacts and a Red Lantern Ring with a Red Lantern shirt and go as "Red Lantern Critic".

Can't wait to see your first cosplay! Keep us updated on your progress!

I've decided that I'm going to make a companion cube dress. If not for SDCC this year then it'll be for PAX. I'm really excited for this one!

J

Jiarn

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CGDD27JMV0Q47Z58259

Is the ring I REALLY wanted, but sadly isn't released until June 08, which won't arrive on time for the con that weekend. So I think I'm going to have to go with:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackest-Lant...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1304429586&sr=1-1

Which I find a bit "subdued" in color vs the top one and the shirt

http://www.amazon.com/Officially-Li...78LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304429626&sr=8-1

Oh and anyone know the actual name of the type of hat he wears?

Is it just a regular cloth worn baseball cap?

So... I really wasn't planning on doing anything new for SDCC except touch-ups on Amber. But now I'm thinking my line-up will be...
Companion Cube (dress)
Cactuar (another dress)
"The Creep" (Nicki Minaj! Trying to get a few friends in on this project!)
Amber (I may be a part of something extra fun! XD)
Tinkerballa (I'll have a bow, finally! No stupid drug store plastic toy bow anymore!))

SDCC is too crowded and there's too much to see, so just a couple easy costumes to put together.

I agree. SDCC is so crowded, sometimes easy costumes are the better route. I'm so excited because this year, my costumes don't require heels!! Two pairs of flats, and some 2 inch platforms. Walking in heels was probably the worst thing last year..ugh, I so didn't think ahead.

I'm so happy Amber wears combat boots! And Tink also flat boots. No way I'd ever bring Him to SDCC with makeup, claws and those heels... I don't know how other people do it!

SDCC is my next con and I'm still working on getting my plane ticket! @_@ I was so happy to see flights down to $220 this morning, but by the time I got home, they were $260. :-/ They've been $270-290 for the last week, so I think I'll check again in the morning and see if there's some cheap flights again.

Between now and then I'm going to redo my Amber costume with hopefully the right shade of green, and maybe make Ame Comi's Jade, too.
I'll also be bringing Tinkerballa with me, and my friend has made me a bow & arrow. :3 I haven't seen it yet, but I'm super excited! He's even making a case for me to store it in! It breaks down so that I can travel with it, woo~!

Status
Not open for further replies.