[Brazelton] Alex Trebek

Dave

Staff member
Ya know, this one doesn't bother me. He lived a long life, he lived a good life. He knew he was dying and faced it with grace and poise. He worked until the end and left a legacy that few could match.

So while I will miss seeing him on the show, he did it right and I applaud him.

Ya know, this one doesn't bother me. He lived a long life, he lived a good life. He knew he was dying and faced it with grace and poise. He worked until the end and left a legacy that few could match.

So while I will miss seeing him on the show, he did it right and I applaud him.
vaya con dios mr Trebek
related sidenote:
i hope they get ryan stiles or colin mocherie to replace him as host thus another whose line player taking over a famous game show.

2020 gonna 2020.

I'm sad, but in the same mindframe as Dave. He did thr best he could with crappy circumstances and left a legacy of dignity and positive cultural impact.

The reaction that shocked me was Li'l Z. Mr. Z announced the passing in the car and he just started crying. Jeopardy has been a nightly affair for us since he was an infant and he's always liked it when we plopped down together to watch. He knew Alex had cancer, but I guess he thought he'd get better. First he was worried the show would be cancelled, and then that they would let Donald Trump host(?????). I assured him neither would happen.

The inside rumor is Ken Jennings. I think he'd be a great fit. He knows the game, he's smart as hell, and he's charismatic. It would work very well.
They hired him to be some kind of producer on the show a few months ago. Pretty much everyone took that to mean they chose him as the replacement.

I cried a little when it was announced. Watching Jeopardy was a stable of my youth, so finding out he passed hurt more then most of the other deaths this year.

I will admit though, I did chuckle at the prophetic nature of that SNL skit. Connery says "If I am going down, Trebek, I am taking you with me." and here we are, the two dying so close to each other. Sometimes the universe just feels absurd.