Alert on mobile

Ever since either the last update, or the addition of the Pokémon game - they happened around the same time and I'm not sure which caused this - the behavior of the red alert for being quoted/getting a rating/etc changed on my phone. Used to be I could click it to open a drop down menu with all the new alerts. Now it isn't behind but below my name, and it opens the drop down menu with preferences and so on. That has a link to the alerts page, but it's not quite the same. Just me?

Ever since either the last update, or the addition of the Pokémon game - they happened around the same time and I'm not sure which caused this - the behavior of the red alert for being quoted/getting a rating/etc changed on my phone. Used to be I could click it to open a drop down menu with all the new alerts. Now it isn't behind but below my name, and it opens the drop down menu with preferences and so on. That has a link to the alerts page, but it's not quite the same. Just me?
Same here. My initial suspicion (liable to be wrong) is that the "Credit" tab pushed the width of the menu in mobile above what our phones can display, so it collapses further.

It's done that as long as I can remember on my iPhone 5, but only in portrait mode.
I assume it is as @Denbrought says, and when the bar exceeds the width of your display by whatever the magic amount is, it begins to pop up in the wrong spot.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, it has to do with how the new "credits" pulldown has widened the right side of the bar. I'm looking at the admin controls to see what's to be done about it.

I suspect it doesn't affect Dei because her username is only 3 characters long, so it still all fits :p

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I've moved the "credits" tab from the right hand side to the left hand side. That's done the trick, on my phone at least.[DOUBLEPOST=1502067351,1502067329][/DOUBLEPOST]@Dave duplication of effort :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I waited over a 1/2 hour before I did it.
There were obstacles to me doing it.

Apparently to edit DragonTech plugin settings, you have to be a SUPER admin, not just an admin.

It took me a good half hour to figure that out and figure out how to make myself a SOOPER admin.

Did it and did that :p

Dave

Staff member
I was unaware that you COULD make yourself a super admin. I mean, I don't care, but that's a bit of a security hitch.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was unaware that you COULD make yourself a super admin. I mean, I don't care, but that's a bit of a security hitch.
It required FTP access to the forum's config files to accomplish. I mean, really, that's probably the LEAST worrisome security issue of someone having your FTP login ;)

Dave

Staff member
That's true. I should probably update all the security information in the Mod section. I'm not getting any younger, you know.

I dunno, don't you think "age" will eventually hit an interger overflow?
Ya, and considering when Dave started, it was probably only 8-bit back then, so he's REALLY close to the signed maximum: 127. When it overflows to -128, chaos!