[Brazelton] Albert Uderzo (92), Asterix Co-Creator

For Americans: Imagine a Calvin & Hobbes comic where instead of fantasizing about being a spaceman, Calvin instead dreams of being a villager in Iron Age Europe defending his village against the Romans with the help of his large, dimwitted buddy and a potion that makes him temporarily extra strong--a sort of George/Lenny pairing of Bluto and Popeye (w/ his can of spinach), if Popeye and Bluto were on the same team.

Also they're hilarious. And at times racist. But such was the time.

--Patrick

My mom was a fan of the comics and showed them to when I was young. A shame, but 92 is a good, long run.

Gonna see if I can find some wild boar to eat in his honor. These comics were also part of my youth.

Also, the movies with Christian Clavier as Asterix Gerard Depardieu as Obelix were pretty great for live-action interpretations.

Gonna see if I can find some wild boar to eat in his honor. These comics were also part of my youth.

Also, the movies with Christian Clavier as Asterix Gerard Depardieu as Obelix were pretty great for live-action interpretations.
The movies are surprisingly good adaptations.
While the first one is a more or less "realistic" adaptation and a entertaining movie, the second one, "Mission Cleopatra", is a absolute bonkers hilarious movie.

I also highly recommend the animated movies for a watch.
Especially the trippy "The Twelve Tasks of Asterix". Still one of my favorit movie

*Miraculix :p ;)
The original French and Gaelic names are the only valid ones, all the rest are crappy translations. Unless I learnt the Dutch version first, in which case that's the right one :awesome:

The movies are surprisingly good adaptations.
While the first one is a more or less "realistic" adaptation and a entertaining movie, the second one, "Mission Cleopatra", is a absolute bonkers hilarious movie.
Mission Cleopatra also has the added bonus of Monica Bellucci as Cleopatra. Hot damn.

I also highly recommend the animated movies for a watch.
Especially the trippy "The Twelve Tasks of Asterix". Still one of my favorit movie
Yes! The Twelve Tasks of Asterix was amazing. The Wise Man on the Mountain gets me every time. I should see if we still have the old VHS somewhere.