Abridged Shenanigans

Hey there. Starting up a thread for folks to post stuff related to abridged series, whether the work of Team Four Star or others.

Speaking of which, new episode of DBZ Abridged!

Attack on Titan is a fantastic abridged but it's still very early on, only a couple episodes.
Hellsing Ultimate is a great abridged series too.

I really need to start watching DBZ abridged. It'll be the only abridged I watch where I've seen the unabridged version.
That's actually exactly why I can't get into the other abridged series. There's all sorts of jokes that work much better if you know the material. Plus, I just find the production values on DBZA better than the others out there.

Yeah, the Abridged series usually require at least a working knowledge of the source material to get the most out of them.

GasBandit

Staff member
The one I linked doesn't. At least, I haven't seen a single episode of Free! and 50% Off cracks me up.

I watched only one episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, but it's not hard to get the gist of it by watching the Abridged series alone.

"I've somehow become critically injured from playing a children's card game."

That's pretty much how it works.

The one I linked doesn't. At least, I haven't seen a single episode of Free! and 50% Off cracks me up.
I'm not saying that they aren't funny without seeing the source material, but there are going to be some jokes that you won't get without being familiar.

If anyone here has read Jojo's Bizarre adventure, the AntfishTAS series is REALLY good, though I do recommend reading the original series beforehand. Hell, just read them even if you DON'T want to see the abridged. Though honestly I feel the series peeked at "Stardust Crusaders", after they introduced Stands it just focused WAY too much on them in my opinion.

Wife and I spent over three hours watching DBZ Abridged yesterday. We probably missed half the jokes because we were laughing so much at the other half.

I had forgotten so much of the stupid shit that happened on that show. And when you condense some of the fights down like this, even looking at their structure, you can see they go on WAAAAY too long. I can't believe I used to watch the uncut show daily.

Wife and I spent over three hours watching DBZ Abridged yesterday. We probably missed half the jokes because we were laughing so much at the other half.

I had forgotten so much of the stupid shit that happened on that show. And when you condense some of the fights down like this, even looking at their structure, you can see they go on WAAAAY too long. I can't believe I used to watch the uncut show daily.
DBZ Abridged is great and really does a great job dealing with the nonsense that piled up in DBZ.

Also, if you haven't seen it, they have done an episode for DBZ Kai.

Last edited:
Did something happen with the Attack on Titan Abridged? It seemed like it was taking awhile to update and now I don't even see it on the Team Four Star website.

Huh, it would appear that Attack on Titan Abridged has disappeared from their YouTube page as well. I'm pretty sure someone went all sue-threat happy over the content. Companies don't seem to care about fair use anymore.

Basically, Attack on Titan has a different development schedule than DBZ, so it takes longer. They're expecting Ep. 2 done by early summer.

No word on why the videos are down.

The Attack on Titan rights are a complete clusterfuck. They're struggling to bring over the officially licensed video games because the distribution rights aren't situated. Whoever owns the manga is being jerked around like early Penny Arcade.

Anyone know if the special cameo voice was the real thing, or if it was a really good imitation?
Well the credits say he was voiced by Less Rastus, while the voice of Claptrap was done by David Eddings.

Really though, a lot of Claptrap's voice comes from post processing, so all they would need is someone to mimic how Claptrap talks and then use similar settings. Boom. Claptrap.

This is what Claptrap sounds like without any of the post processing. (skip to 2:00 for him giving an example)

I am not sure to the nth degree, though Lee Rastus is most likes a pseudonym as the famous Lee Rastus died in 20-OH-ate.
That is also not a bad point. Could have been David Eddings but he didn't want his real name used for whatever reason. Maybe legal issues at Gearbox.

Last edited: