Abridged Shenanigans

One thing I like about MHA is that Bakugo, the shows "Sasuke", is just as driven to be a hero as Deku, and even with his anger issues never fell from grace even when offered by the League of Villains.

A lot of the usual tropes felt like they were setting him up to be so jealous of Deku stealing "his thunder" that he would want revenge or "what he deserved" so much that he would, even temporarily, become a villain, but he didn't. Even when he learned Deku's secret he kept it rather then using the knowledge to try and make Deku feel illegitimate. I appreciated that.

Also the Abridged video is hilarious. The Stain part had me rolling.

Last edited:
I'm a few months late on discovering this, but two members of Team Four Star are posting episode-by-episode commentary on DBZA. It's interesting to hear their thoughts on the creative process. And it's nice to hear them acknowledge some of the more cringeworthy or problematic stuff from 15 years, like using the r-word (which I didn't like even back then).

I'm a few months late on discovering this, but two members of Team Four Star are posting episode-by-episode commentary on DBZA. It's interesting to hear their thoughts on the creative process. And it's nice to hear them acknowledge some of the more cringeworthy or problematic stuff from 15 years, like using the r-word (which I didn't like even back then).

Absolutly love the commentary by them. Especially the behind the scene stuff and thought process behind the jokes and scenes.

GasBandit

Staff member
They keep releasing buu bits piecemeal (over 30 now) and it just makes me all the more bitter they didn't do the buu saga properly. The repeated subscription pings for every <45 second tease just makes me want to unsubscribe.

"Isn't something better than nothing?"

No. Tantalizing a starving man with a crumb every 15 minutes is NOT better than leaving him the fuck alone. Do it or don't. Shit or get off the pot.

figmentPez

Staff member
All the shorts they're releasing are already part of the full compilation that I posted above (and before that they were all part of TotallyNotMark's review).

While the repeated subscription pings are annoying, they can just be ignored, because all of the content is already out.