[News] Abortion Referendum in Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

http://news.yahoo.com/abortion-referendum-mississippi-redefine-personhood-143843082.html

so basically Mississippi is putting on the ballot to redefine "personhood" ‘life begins at fertilization or cloning or the functional equivalent thereof.’

Note: I am pro choice so the following is my opinion. I will rant a little cause I love children. I would love to have children on my own. I know that some people can't have children, do not want children, or child is being force to live a life that is worst than death. (IMO) some of you may hate me for the following rant, but that is what I have observe and don't even get me started on people taking advantage on Welfare system.

*gets on soapbox*
It is interesting that the pro-life people try so hard to do away abortion on ALL level (at least according to the article) which include rape and incest. This possible law (if pass) could hurt some medical procedures that would either save a woman's life.

I have nothing against kids. I believe every kids should have a chance to live, but also at the same time the U.S. doesn't have a system in place to actually help these kids. I see commercials that LOCAL kids (in the U.S.) are going hungry, lack of education, place to live, and well... lack of family adoption.

My wife's boss use to work for Child Welfare and she told me that the system is so back up and back log it is not even funny. Lack of fund AFTER the child is born is not even remotely to laugh at.

In my personal opinion, if you want to save a life, that is great, but make sure there is a viable and FUNDED system in place for that child from 0 to 18. Heck, we barely have a system in place to take care of the people we have now (after 18) and people worry about future generation? we are at 10%+ unemployment rate, medical bill/insurance is all time high, and our retirement is in jeopardy (Social Security base).

It angers me that some pro-life I met just say "you can always put up for adoption" there are tons of kids right NOW that aren't being adopted and just slosh around in the system. and don't get started on restriction on adoption (some state forbid same sex couple to adopt)

*gets off soapbox*

My google adds were for a guitar shop and an Asian dating site. I feel like A would lead to B and thus the thread topic.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My ad is one about coupons for free-time activities... with a picture of a woman riding a black horse.

So many ideas, none of them presentable... and one just outright racist in its stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.