A short open letter to kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear kinect,

I was actually kinda impressed with you the other day. Things were a little wonky every so often and, I'll admit, being in the middle of a store I probably wasn't as willing to flail around like an ass as I would be if I was at home but you certainly showed some promise. I didn't get to try them out but apparently the voice commands you tout are actually pretty neat, if a bit limited at the moment. I'll make you a deal, drop your asinine price a bit (a lot, I've heard rumors that it only cost microsoft $56 to manufacture one of you, not counting other costs) and support some decent games instead of wii clones ( I don't need another version of wii sports, I already have that and sports champions for playstation move, which better start picking up its slack as well), stop ignoring your older brother the controller since it's been shown that you both can be used in tandem, then we'll talk.

Sincerely,

Far

M

Mountebank

Dear Far,

How did you get my address? Please stop sending these letters, and please stop leaving drunken messages on my answerphone. It was a one-day fling, and leaving three minute long messages singing "If You Want My Body" isn't going to change that.

Please stop, you're scaring my children.

Sincerely,
Kinect

*stumbles while taking a swig from a large bottle of rye*

"Hey, fuck YOU buddy! I thought we had something special. When I looked into your eye I thought there was something magical but now I see it was just your cold, calculated whirring. *hic* But you're just like everyone else! Go back to "playing" with your kids you god damn pedophile, since that's all you seem capable of doing!"

*tosses the bottle at the house and then promptly slumps over, passed out in the bushes.*

D

Disconnected

both can be used in tandem
at least for the initial games: microsoft required that the user not need to hold anything(props and controllers included) in order to play kinect games.
this may change though in time

I know that they're coming, I'm just saying I won't be at all interested until they arrive.

both can be used in tandem
at least for the initial games: microsoft required that the user not need to hold anything(props and controllers included) in order to play kinect games.
this may change though in time[/QUOTE]

Any prop that comes with a game is going to need to fall into two thresholds:

1.) It has to be cheap to make. The reason more games don't use props is because they tend to be expensive to mass produce. It's become easier with the Wii (as now you can just shove the Wiimote into a plastic shell instead of making a new controller) but it'll become even easier when all you need to do is paint it a certain way or make it a certain size.

2.) Has to work without the prop. This is incase you break/lose your sword or buy the game used without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.