A Loki Place for Spoilers

There are other scenes in the trailers of Mobius driving a car so unless that was fake filler we will likely see that next episode.

I haven't watched Loki yet. But I have a theory about the TVA and what they are really doing that is so stupid and bonkers that I don't really believe Disney will do it. It will be to Meta and fourth wall breaking, people will feel offended.

One of my favorite parts of the episode was we technically got to see post-avengers MCU Loki again. Old Man Loki was a Variant that tricked Thanos instead of dying during the opening events of Infinity War and that was where he diverged.

Huh, guys, I just realized that Old Man Loki (Classic Loki) might be hinting that MCU Loki is still alive.

As I mentioned earlier, he used his magic to make an illusion so real that Thanos was able to "kill" it, allowing him to escape. However, I didn't realize something VERY important.

The TVA captures variants as soon as a "Nexus Event" occurs. However, the TVA didn't come for him after he survived Thanos, instead leaving him alone until he was getting ready to leave the planet he was hiding on. There are only two possible options for this...

A) Classic Loki, by not being seen by anyone and living on an uninhabitated planet, didn't create any Nexus Energy, similar to how such energy isn't generated during apocolypses.
B) Loki did use an illusion to escape death yet again and him attempting to leave the planet was his Nexus Event for the TVA.

It's very likely it's A, but you can't stop but wonder how viable B could be now that Classic Loki hints to it.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe when this Loki and Sylvie take down the TVA, it will free up the multiverse timelines so that the Canon timeline can now be the one where Loki fakes his death at the hands of Thanos.

Or, conversely, when it's "all over," he decides to "return" to the canon timeline post-Endgame to re-reconcile with Thor and continue from there.

I remember the Russos saying that anyone who died in Infinity War and Endgame was going to stay dead.

So far we've seen the snapped get unsnapped, Gamora and Loki return due to time travel shenanigans, Natasha returning (sort of) in her solo movie, and Vision get remade.

I'll bet Heimdall's all like, "Guys..."

My current preferred theory is that Kang killed the TVA council at some point, and had been manipulating it to ensure his preferred timeline is the one that survives. Maybe he’s the one the Loki’s will end up freeing, and allow Ravonna and him to meet. If they haven’t already.

Not sure they’d introduce a big bad like that in a show though.

Still doesn't explain why Captain America and Tony Stark had to travel back to get the Tesseract from Shield if Loki escaping with it from New York would have been reset anyway.

It needed to be reset to get that version of Loki brought in to the TVA.
No idea, but I don’t think they’ll ever be a completely clean explanation.

I remember the Russos saying that anyone who died in Infinity War and Endgame was going to stay dead.

So far we've seen the snapped get unsnapped, Gamora and Loki return due to time travel shenanigans, Natasha returning (sort of) in her solo movie, and Vision get remade.

I'll bet Heimdall's all like, "Guys..."
Joss Whedon said Coulson was dead, and 7 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was like, "Nuh-uh!". Like the comics they're based on death is only permanent until the next writer gets their hands on them.

I remember there was a time when people said "the only people that stay dead are Uncle Ben and Bucky!", and by the 2000's that wasn't true anymore, either.

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Toby Peter Parker: "My Uncle Ben is dead because I didn't act when I could have."

Andrew Peter Parker: "Same."

Tom Peter Parker: "Huh? Mine is alive. He and May just got a divorce. I see him every other weekend.

Toby/Andrew: "WHAT THE F....!"

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Toby Peter Parker: "My Uncle Ben is dead because I didn't act when I could have."

Andrew Peter Parker: "Same."

Tom Peter Parker: "Huh? Mine is alive. He and May just got a divorce. I see him every other weekend.

Toby/Andrew: "WHAT THE F....!"
Cap: LANGUAGE!

With Spider-Man: No Way Home due out by the end of the year I was rather surprised we haven't seen a trailer.
But now I'm wondering if they are waiting for the end of the Loki season.
I think it's a safe prediction that the series finale will spark the end (or downfall) of the TVA and then multitudes of dimensions blossoming out from the timeline as a result.
Being able to see that in Loki would be very important to have happen before they release a trailer about a dimensional hopping Spider-Man.

Fixed. Sorry guys, it was not posting earlier so I gave up and just left to do other things, then I guess all those times I clicked the post button and nothing happened decided to catch up while I was gone.

That doesn't explain the EOF message when Loki variant was reviewing the footage of his life that he had not experienced yet.
Just one episode ago the Time Keepers were found out to be Chuck-E-Cheese-style animatronics. Who is to say the TVA's master didn't tamper with the files? If the theory ends up being true that the person in charge is another Variant of Loki, possibly one that also comes from a "post-infinity war" existence, then he might have need to make his fake death look like his real death.

Joss Whedon said Coulson was dead, and 7 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was like, "Nuh-uh!". Like the comics they're based on death is only permanent until the next writer gets their hands on them.
To be absolutely fair to both these points, the only person that matters is Kevin Fiege. Kevin considers Coulson perma-dead because he never wanted AoS and does not consider it canon, and should he want to bring someone back, it's going to happen, regardless of what the Russos said during the time they made Infinity War and Endgame.

Last edited:
Theory time!

We still have not had the multiple Mobius moments that they hinted at earlier. Now, in the end, it could just be a Easter Egg towards the comics, but my theory is that now Mobius is back at the TVA he won't be able to take it down alone. He will run into "himself" while trying to sneak around the TVA, and realizing there are possibly multiple Variants of himself working there, will find them all to build an army big enough to take down the TVA.

The big bad won't be Kang. Kang is a futurist and isn't likely to be the type to brood in some Gothic castle at the end of the Universe. We know we saw Kang's city as an Easter Egg in Ant Man and the Wasp, shrunk down into the quantum dimension. My theory is that Kang shrunk the city into the quantum dimension specifically to avoid the TVA as he would be too small to create any Nexus Events and thus shielded from being pruned. When the TVA is destroyed at the end of Loki, he will have no reason to hide, and the stinger leading off the end of the episode will be him recruiting a now homeless and angry Ravanna Renslayer in order to gain the TVAs secrets, leading into whatever happens during Ant Man and the Wasp : Quantumania.

Though I am certain it won't be Kang, I am still not sold on the big bad being another MCU (Tom Hiddleston) Loki Variant. The reason that theory is so persuasive is because there are still unused scenes in the trailer of Loki dressed in kingly attire. However, other shots of him in the same room show people that look a lot like Asgardians, and my theory is that whoever the big bad really is, they are going to try to convince Loki to join them by taking them back to moments in time where they felt the most powerful. Loki as King of Asgard, Loki during the Battle of New York (another stinger from the trailer we have yet to see), etc. So who is the person? Sylvie. Yes, I know, what!? It's a lot to explain, so I won't go into all the ideas on the theory, but the basics is Sylvie in a past time period succeeded in destroying the Time Keepers but in the end decided to rule the TVA instead. When past Sylvie and Loki confront her, she will use her enchantment powers, enhanced over millennia of usage, to attempt to coax the more devious and dangerous side of Loki so that he can join her and rule, but ultimately Loki will care more for the past Sylvie, who having grow a connection with Loki, no longer wants that power. It would be a nice play off the convo the two had last episode, where Sylvie made Loki promise not to betray her, and now he must, either betraying her past self to rule with her future self, or her future self to save her past self.

Anyways, those are the biggest theories I have for now. Of course, can be WAY off in the end, I have been before, but this is just where I see these threads going right now.

Theory time!

We still have not had the multiple Mobius moments that they hinted at earlier. Now, in the end, it could just be a Easter Egg towards the comics, but my theory is that now Mobius is back at the TVA he won't be able to take it down alone. He will run into "himself" while trying to sneak around the TVA, and realizing there are possibly multiple Variants of himself working there, will find them all to build an army big enough to take down the TVA.

The big bad won't be Kang. Kang is a futurist and isn't likely to be the type to brood in some Gothic castle at the end of the Universe. We know we saw Kang's city as an Easter Egg in Ant Man and the Wasp, shrunk down into the quantum dimension. My theory is that Kang shrunk the city into the quantum dimension specifically to avoid the TVA as he would be too small to create any Nexus Events and thus shielded from being pruned. When the TVA is destroyed at the end of Loki, he will have no reason to hide, and the stinger leading off the end of the episode will be him recruiting a now homeless and angry Ravanna Renslayer in order to gain the TVAs secrets, leading into whatever happens during Ant Man and the Wasp : Quantumania.

Though I am certain it won't be Kang, I am still not sold on the big bad being another MCU (Tom Hiddleston) Loki Variant. The reason that theory is so persuasive is because there are still unused scenes in the trailer of Loki dressed in kingly attire. However, other shots of him in the same room show people that look a lot like Asgardians, and my theory is that whoever the big bad really is, they are going to try to convince Loki to join them by taking them back to moments in time where they felt the most powerful. Loki as King of Asgard, Loki during the Battle of New York (another stinger from the trailer we have yet to see), etc. So who is the person? Sylvie. Yes, I know, what!? It's a lot to explain, so I won't go into all the ideas on the theory, but the basics is Sylvie in a past time period succeeded in destroying the Time Keepers but in the end decided to rule the TVA instead. When past Sylvie and Loki confront her, she will use her enchantment powers, enhanced over millennia of usage, to attempt to coax the more devious and dangerous side of Loki so that he can join her and rule, but ultimately Loki will care more for the past Sylvie, who having grow a connection with Loki, no longer wants that power. It would be a nice play off the convo the two had last episode, where Sylvie made Loki promise not to betray her, and now he must, either betraying her past self to rule with her future self, or her future self to save her past self.

Anyways, those are the biggest theories I have for now. Of course, can be WAY off in the end, I have been before, but this is just where I see these threads going right now.
I feel like the big-bad being another Loki Variant at this point will just feel like a letdown.
Post automatically merged:

Disney should really make some Croki plushies.
Specially if they have a pair of Frog Thor's legs sticking out from between the teeth.

I feel like the big-bad being another Loki Variant at this point will just feel like a letdown.
Post automatically merged:
The thing about mysteries, you have to establish the person ahead of time. They don't work otherwise. The audience feels cheated when they go through an entire movie or series trying to figure out who the secret person is, only to find out it was Joe from three houses down who was never mentioned or even seen. As soon as it turned out the Time Keepers were fake, they would have to establish the real leader very soon after if they planned for him to be a new insert (aka Kang, which is another reason I don't think it's him, general audiences are not going to know who he is.) The fact we still don't know who they are going through the penultimate episode means they are banking the show on that mystery reveal for the finale, so they can't do an ass pull.

Loki, or a variant, fits the overall theme the best, but I wouldn't put it aside that the actual leader ends up being Mobius (bad idea, same issue with Sharon Carter in the last series), Ravanna (not likely, established she is in the dark too), or even Casey (Ya, remember that guy? The one that didn't know what a fish was? Seems kind of interesting that he is the one the TVA seems to give all these powerful time artifacts to). All of them can make viable "Oh shit!" twists for the mystery with their own upsides and downsides, but it being another Loki is the safest option.

Dave

Staff member
You know what would be cool and really unexpected? A variant Thor being the leader. In his universe, Loki was the God of War or something like that and Thor was overlooked and turned all bad. Everyone knows the character and it would be an interesting divergence.