2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

Wow, Mark Hamil is trending on Twitter, and the only good news is that he's not dead. Beyond that it's a shit show. Apparently he did a video call with insurgents in Ukraine, but there was a flag with a black sun Nazi symbol on it in the background of the troops he was talking to. He stepped in a big ol' pile of shit.

I kinda wonder if he wasn't the victim of Russia setting up this video.

GasBandit

Staff member
Russia admits a mistake and doesn't blame others?
The alternative would have been to imply that foreign militaries were now successfully bombing Russian cities with impunity. Better to be thought incompetent than weak, by Russian values.

The nuclear plant is mostly shutdown and has it's own backup source of water is about the only positive thing I can add.

I read that Crimea will be severly affected by this. 85% of its freshwater supply came from this reservoir. Russia will have to supply water using trucks and if Ukraine just happens to destroy the bridge between Russia and Crimea, guess the soldiers will have to stay thirsty.

Yeah, what could go wrong in a coup in the country with the world's largest "technically" cache of nuclear weapons?

Dave

Staff member
All of this is so that Putin can save face. All Wagner is doing is trying to put the blame for the invasion on the Defense Ministry and the oligarchs. He’s done everything he can to steer blame away from Putin.

All of this is so that Putin can save face. All Wagner is doing is trying to put the blame for the invasion on the Defense Ministry and the oligarchs. He’s done everything he can to steer blame away from Putin.
Ok, but what does the guy at the head of Wagner get? That's not a fall he will take without a gain.

Dave

Staff member
Since he’s Putins friend he’s probably trying to take over the Defense Ministry and wants to change the direction of the war.

Putin has sided with the MOD and they've been harassing the Wagner forces with air strikes as they make their way towards Moscow.