2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

Poopin Putin
Putin down the staircase
Putin's pants plops
Pootin

I could probably go on, but I should stop me thinks.

Only question I have is what does it mean for Russia to be defeated? I assume he means Ukraine gets back to its old borders but it will mean different things to different people.

I think at this point, it has to also mean regime change in Russia.
Regime change in Russia is very much going to be "New Boss, same as the Old Boss" except without the jingoistic calls to fight constantly. The reality is that Russia's irrevocably corrupt from a cultural standpoint; without a fundamental change in the Russian psyche as a nation, it's likely this will happen again.

Could take years... I guess it isn't happening then. Unless we are selling them for the next war. I say stick with sending them Leopards because the Poles have a lot of them, and have a logistics tail in place. And they can repair and train near Ukraine. There are a lot of countries with old Leopards that are in storage. Clean the up and ship them out. They could be in theater in a couple of months.

I just do not get why Germany keeps denying 3rd parties from sending Leopards to Ukraine. They say they are worried about escalating the war, but I don't see Russia hitting much harder than they currently are.

It's worth remembering that we have literally thousands of M1 Abrams tanks (3500+) just sitting in storage right now, the result of our overblown military budget and Army officers that didn't understand tank usefulness in a modern conflict.

GasBandit

Staff member
You'd think someone who lived only on the internet might remember, as I have, that the last year has been INUNDATED by constant updates and videos and pictures and stories coming out of Ukraine. Could not get away from it. Some people just have a selective memory about things that don't support their preconceptions.

The amount of footage I've seen of this war is nuts. Like direct, unsanitized video of dudes getting blown apart by grenades and whatnot. Just the other day I saw a video of a guy going HAM in the trenches fending off a Russian advance. With all the drone footage and seemingly half the soldiers in Ukraine having GoPros, this has to be the most recorded war ever.

As has been pointed out this whole time, while Russia keeps talking about making peace with Ukraine (aka ceasefire for a month or so to give them time to rebuild and hope people stop caring), their internal propaganda is 100% about wiping Ukraine and Ukrainians off the face of the Earth.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wow, Mark Hamil is trending on Twitter, and the only good news is that he's not dead. Beyond that it's a shit show. Apparently he did a video call with insurgents in Ukraine, but there was a flag with a black sun Nazi symbol on it in the background of the troops he was talking to. He stepped in a big ol' pile of shit.