2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

Finland is asking people to report any drone activity that might be deemed suspicious.

Thanks Iran and apparently Sweden's traffic cameras.

edit - I didn't notice the translate tweet doesn't show on the embed, so here's the Twitter translate.

"Citizens are asked to report to the emergency center (112) acute drone sightings that are made in the vicinity of critical infrastructure, in no-fly zones or in otherwise suspicious conditions, or where flight activity otherwise raises suspicions. "

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Are you sure that's what it's asking? It looks like a cat ran across the keyboard and someone went back through and added a bunch of umlauts.

Ukraine damaged 4 Russian naval ships last night and apparently Russia has pulled out of the grain export deal.

Losing a naval war against a nation with no navy is peak Russia right now.

Drones man.

Edit - Not sank, damaged.

The Russians don't need weapons. They barely need soldiers.
Republicans take Congress, US aid gets slashed or dependent on "negotiations for a cease fire", European politicians feel more and more pushback because of high fuel prices in winter and the population doesn't care enough about foreigners; Ukraine loses western support. The Ukrainian population faces a hard winter with no electricity, no water, no heating. African countries never really cared to begin with - why would they, we don't care who's fighting who in Chaad or Ethiopia either - and just want the grain shipments to restart.
No money, no arms deliveries, no public support, and Ukrainian forces slowly fall apart except for some guerilla resistance.
War is mostly over by March.

The Russians don't need weapons. They barely need soldiers.
Republicans take Congress, US aid gets slashed or dependent on "negotiations for a cease fire", European politicians feel more and more pushback because of high fuel prices in winter and the population doesn't care enough about foreigners; Ukraine loses western support. The Ukrainian population faces a hard winter with no electricity, no water, no heating. African countries never really cared to begin with - why would they, we don't care who's fighting who in Chaad or Ethiopia either - and just want the grain shipments to restart.
No money, no arms deliveries, no public support, and Ukrainian forces slowly fall apart except for some guerilla resistance.
War is mostly over by March.
I think that’s really their last play. Wait it out until people either lose interest or decide it’s no longer worth trying to support Ukraine.

I think that’s really their last play. Wait it out until people either lose interest or decide it’s no longer worth trying to support Ukraine.
"wait it out" combined with "use troll farms and propaganda to influence public opinion abroad", of course.
I'm curious if we'll ever know just how much of *points to everything since at least 2016* this has been the work of Russian and other foreign agents.

"wait it out" combined with "use troll farms and propaganda to influence public opinion abroad", of course.
I'm curious if we'll ever know just how much of *points to everything since at least 2016* this has been the work of Russian and other foreign agents.
Probably not, since it doesn’t directly affect “us”. It’s the Ukrainians suffering, so we don’t have to see it directly.

Ukraine borders the EU, there's really no way they'll lose support based soley on just political expediency. Traitorous politicians, maybe...

And eastern members haven't forgotten the "fun" we had under dear Big Brother Russia...

Ukrainian forces swept into the key city of Kherson on Friday as Russian troops retreated to the east, delivering a major victory to Kyiv and marking one of the biggest setbacks for President Vladimir Putin since his invasion began.

Elated civilians who had survived months of Russian occupation descended on Kherson’s central square, hugging newly arrived Ukrainian soldiers, snapping selfies with them, and waving Ukrainian flags. (CNN)

Dave

Staff member
Well this is an interesting development. Poland has called for a meeting of NATOs security council, which is necessary for retaliation or any declarations.

I mean, Russia should probably apologize about the two people they killed 15 miles from the Ukraine border than lie about it not being them. Yknow, as a start.

Biden announced that there has been evidence revealed that the missile that hit Poland was likely not fired from Russia. The plot thickens.