[NHL] 2017-18 NHL - 100 Years (aka The Rise of the Golden Knights)

You know, I was about to say the same thing. The most Capitals thing in the world would be to drop the next three straight.

Poignant Picture of the night:

In case you don't know, that is TJ Oshie's dad. He has Alzheimer's. He may not remember this tomorrow, but he will definitely remember this tonight.

Dude got the 900lb gorilla off his back, doesn't like Putin, and that primal scream of joy. I'm actually happy for Ovi.

The Flyers still suck.

Last edited:
Nooooooo!
That place is awesome, and they have always been THE place to go for fish and seafood, and their prices are always competitive. Hearing that they’re closing is the local equivalent of hearing that Tony Packo’s or Tail O the Pup suddenly decided to close.

—Patrick

His contract wasn't up - winning the Stanley Cup triggered an extension way, way below market value for a Cup-winning coach and he opted out rather than work another two years at less than half of what he'll get on the market. Washington's been grooming his replacement since before the season started, so I guess they weren't willing to negotiate enough of a raise to keep him.

I did not expect that. I look forward to a dominant offensive season erased by Jake Gardiner in the first round.