[NFL] NFL Thread

I am in the dark, because my wife has decided to binge all of Sense8 today.
...not that I probably would've watched it anyway, of course.

--Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
Holy Moley. I watched it happen, and I still can't believe it.

Goodell's face when he had to present the trophy...amazing. That was the most incredible game I've ever seen.

There has never been...

1. A punt returned for a touchdown in a Super Bowl.
2. A shutout game in the Super Bowl.
3. An overtime game in the Super Bowl.

A guy on my watch is a die-hard Falcons fan - we can count on him checking off most Sundays during the season.

His fiancee posted a video of him dancing and hollering after the 2nd touchdown, freaking out. The guys got a chuckle out of that.

Haven't heard anything from him since. I'm half-seriously considering calling the PD where he lives for a welfare check.

As crazy as the game was, I feel the Falcons were robbed. That last two point conversion didn't even look like it crossed the line, and he didn't even touch the in-zone. It never would have gone into overtime, but the refs called it a touchdown.

B

BErt

As crazy as the game was, I feel the Falcons were robbed. That last two point conversion didn't even look like it crossed the line, and he didn't even touch the in-zone. It never would have gone into overtime, but the refs called it a touchdown.
...as a noted "blame the refs" guy, I cannot see any way to claim that coming from a 28-3 lead.

The refs did miss an offensive pass interference on the last two point conversion, but with the other penalty it would have been offsetting and a retry at worst.

Dave

Staff member
He pretty clearly crossed the goal line.

My co-worker's wife grew up in Boston. He said that she was so upset and crying at the end of the 3rd quarter that they went to bed...

The goal line is a solid plane that goes around the world and extends up into the heavens. All that a ball carrier need do is carry the ball through that plane without touching the ground first, and it's a touchdown.

The goal line is a solid plane that goes around the world and extends up into the heavens. All that a ball carrier need do is carry the ball through that plane without touching the ground first, and it's a touchdown.
It's even less than that. He just needs to be holding it when just the smallest portion of the ball crosses that plane. A player could stand on the 1 yard line and hold out the ball so the tip of it is above the goal line, and that would be a touchdown (or successful 2 point conversion).

You're all bad people and I hope the next time you fly, the person in front of you reclines their seat for the full flight.

Foot in the crease!

I was working the toll booth at the Peace Bridge that night, so I heard about it for several hours.

So the Las Vegas Raiders will be a thing... in about three years.

If I were running the A's I'd already be on the phone about dismantling Mount Davis. :p

Tony Romo retired today.

Weird.
For the sake of his body, I'm really glad to hear it. But I feel bad the guy. It always seemed like he was one season away from having enough of a team around him to really shine, and that season just never came.