[NFL] NFL Thread

Texans up by 20 with 12 minutes to go, and nearly every single pass by Cook has looked like it could have been intercepted by a Texans DB.

And yet that interception was just bad luck. And they were within reach of the lead with 4 minutes to go.

So it's more like the train rolling to a stop, rather than wrecking. Would've like to see the Patriots clobber them in Houston's place :aaah:

I feel bad for Raiders fans. They've been loyal through some dark years, and this is what they get for the first playoff game in over a decade.

This from the guy who didn't know what I was talking about when I accused him of complaining that Kramer was offside.

Well, I guess you shouldn't feel bad, because I doubt Bart Starr remembers the play much anymore, either.[DOUBLEPOST=1483938277,1483938221][/DOUBLEPOST]The question currently making the rounds up here is, if the Packers go up by a couple of touchdowns early, do they pull Prescott in favor of Romo?

Dave

Staff member
The Icebowl. I remember. It's just not worth commenting on. And no, I don't think that'll happen with Dak.

I could not think of two more ridiculously arrogant fan bases in football. I take comfort in the near-certainty that neither the Packers or the Cowboys will be winning the Super Bowl this year.

Dave

Staff member
I could not think of two more ridiculously arrogant fan bases in football. I take comfort in the near-certainty that neither the Packers or the Cowboys will be winning the Super Bowl this year.
Found the Detroit fan.

He's just sad coz the Raiduhs lost.
No, I'm mad because the 49ers were one of the saddest, most pathetic teams I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. It was a long, long season. And there is ZERO hope for improvement next year.

[S]Tress[/S] blotsfan said:
No, I'm mad because the 49ers Bills were one of the saddest, most pathetic teams I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. It was a long, long season. And there is ZERO hope for improvement next year.
[DOUBLEPOST=1483990388,1483990318][/DOUBLEPOST]Dang, the strikeout doesn't work in the quote tag.

B

BErt

I'm the Detroit fan, and he's right...at least unless Jordy gets healthy. Dak ain't beating Pittsburgh or New England so unless some ridiculous nonsense like Kansas City gets though the AFC, Dallas and GB ain't winning it.

...However I do predict Dallas wins a SB within 4 years.

Dave

Staff member
I'm the Detroit fan, and he's right...at least unless Jordy gets healthy. Dak ain't beating Pittsburgh or New England so unless some ridiculous nonsense like Kansas City gets though the AFC, Dallas and GB ain't winning it.

...However I do predict Dallas wins a SB within 4 years.
I don't worry about the offense, I worry about the defense against those teams.

Dave

Staff member
I actually have Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl. I had to go with my head not my heart.

The Niners are the bigger tire fire right now, IMNSHO. And yes, I do think it's sad that they've bottomed out so hard.

I don't think Kaepernick is the answer for the Niners. Then again, the Niners (pre-Montana/Young) never really had good fortune with solid QB's.

@Dave , you okay man? Know you're getting old and the ticker can't take as much... Just picking on you though. I hate prevent defense, and the Cowboys defense played well until they went to the prevent.

Now, who is the Texas team that WON a playoff game this year? My Texans!