[NCAAF] 2016 College Football Thread

Top 10 Tennesee is currently losing to Appalachian State. Something about this seems familiar...

I've missed you, football.

B

BErt

Shush, you shut your goddamn mouth I need this.

Edit: Musberger has been openly rooting against App State. All three close calls he said should have gone to Tennessee, and now he's taking about "the weight of expectations" when an underdog is hanging around.

Edit 2: siiiiiigh

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BErt

Youre the worst devil on the planet.

With it being 9 years to the day from...THAT, and Tennessee's OC tonight was our OC back then I was hoping it would all wrap up nicely. Fuck Mike DeBord. Go Blue

B

BErt

Anyway...I could not be more excited to start a new college football season. I don't remember a previous week 1 with as many interesting match ups:

Oklahoma @ Houston
LSU vs Wisconsin @ Lambeau
USC @ Bama
UGA @ UNC
Clemson @ Auburn
Notre Dame @ Texas
Ole Miss @ Florida State

That's just crazy.

B

BErt

Good half Badgers, don't blow it

EDIT - They hold on!

Aggies freakin' hold for the win in overtime. Should have NEVER been in overtime, but they stopped playing the regular game with 8 minutes left in regulation.

Aggie 31 - ucla 24.

LSU had two good series, and that was their entire game. I know many Tiggers fans that are very unhappy with the team, and they want to kick the OL player off the team for the stupid cheap shot.

Meanwhile, good ol' Wazzu proves yet again that it doesn't matter how flashy your offense is, if you don't have a defense, you're fucked. We're now 0-4 in season openers under Mike Leach, and have lost one of those season openers to Eastern Washington, and one to Portland State. Next week we get to go to Boise and play Boise State - the biggest little P5 killer of them all. Frankly, if the defense isn't out running lines on the field right now, for the whole day, and spending all day tomorrow working on tackling fundamentals, we need to fire our DC.

Whoops, my bad - that's 0-5.

Last edited:
This true freshman Texas has at qb looks legit. Hits his receivers in stride, and if not for drops, he'd have even more TDs.

Dave

Staff member
Pretty decent game so far. And since I hate ND I hope Texas can punch it in in this 2nd OT.[DOUBLEPOST=1473046965,1473046809][/DOUBLEPOST]And there it is.

And as for the alma mater: 65 wins in our last 70 games. :)

(P.S. - @Celt Z, where the heck is TCNJ?)
NJ didn't have a state university, so they renamed Trenton State to The College of New Jersey. It is a pretty dumb switch. (Also, I believe Rutgers laughed at them when the approached with the suggestion.)

B

BErt

This week has been has horrible as last week was amazing. Blerg.

Northwestern is an embarrassment to football
Georgia is...lol
At least the end of the Central Michigan/OK State was amazing!

EDIT: Les Miles is legit losing his job this year. He's in serious IDGAF mode

The Alma Mater was down 13-7 to Bellhaven College with about 12 minutes to go in the first half.

The Warhawks promptly blocked the extra point, and:

* kicked a 43-yard field goal to make it 13-10;
* scored on three TD runs by Drew Patterson (the first a 54-yarder);
* returned a Pick 6;
* scored on two TD's by Cam Maly in 71 seconds; and
* topped it off with a Ronny Ponick TD run with just under 6 minutes to go to make it 59-13.

52 unanswered points. 59-13 final.

Whitewater is the Alabama of Division III. :)

B

BErt

North Dakota St 23 - Iowa 21 on a game winning FG.

Required check on @Dave ...Dave? You ok buddy?

Dave

Staff member
Go to get a flat tire fixed. Nope. Need a new one. Guess we'l wait until payday. Get in my car to come home. Won't start. Finally make it home to watch the Iowa game. They lose.

Now I'm afraid to leave the house.

I'm fine. It's just a football game. I love it when they win but I'm not the type who wraps everything up in the actions of college kids.

Dave

Staff member
The pictures on Monday will be Dak Prescott sitting on the sidelines with Romo, both wrapped like mummies.

B

BErt

Cal refs are C@cksuckers.
Two TDs today got called as such even though the runner dropped the ball on the 1 as he was entering the endzone (the other was in the the osu/oklahoma game...although it hardly seemed to help OU). This is getting ridiculous. It was actually the third in two weeks; Clemson did it last week bit that one actually got called back correctly.

HOLD THE GODDAMN BALL THROUGH THE PLAY, PEOPLE

Two TDs today got called as such even though the runner dropped the ball on the 1 as he was entering the endzone (the other was in the the osu/oklahoma game...although it hardly seemed to help OU). This is getting ridiculous. It was actually the third in two weeks; Clemson did it last week bit that one actually got called back correctly.

HOLD THE GODDAMN BALL THROUGH THE PLAY, PEOPLE
One of my High School Players did that, I damn near came unglued.

Cal refs are C@cksuckers.
Pac12 refs are, arguably, the worst refs in all of NCAA football, as a group. Every year at the end of the season there's a bunch of outcry from all of the member schools' fans (and coaches, and occasionally ADs) to the conference commissioner to do something about our refs, and every year they continue to suck horribly. They are the NFL replacement refs of college football. That being said, at least they haven't given anyone a free play so far this season. So far.