[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

Dave

Staff member
Y'know who I feel bad for? Leon Lett. That poor, poor bastard.
Nah. They won the superbowl that year. But the catch that was overruled cost them a playoff win. Fuckin' refs.[DOUBLEPOST=1497360413,1497360255][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like a legit catch to me.
It's the start of the "football move" bullshit. It used to be the ball can't hit the ground and move AND the ground can't cause a fumble. So it's amazing how rules on the fly - like the Brady "tuck rule" bullshit - have an effect on the entire league.

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Why are a bunch of Americans raging at each other over hockey?
Don't ask me. I got shit all over and I wasn't even talking to the dude. Might be time for them to reassess their life if that's all it takes for them to start spewing profanities at someone.

I'm going back to bed to reassess if this is still a place I want to hang out in. I didn't deserve that and I don't have to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Why are a bunch of Americans raging at each other over hockey?
Because we love the sport. And the spoiled rich kids from Yinzerville won the Cup despite the refs giving them all the breaks and ignoring it when their "star player" tried to play pile-driver with our #1 defenseman's head.

I don't think I'd want to win the Conn Smythe Trophy anymore. Not knowing that Cindy touched the thing.

What a horrible call.

What a shitty way to lose. Just look at this fluke goal deciding the game.

There is no guarantee that the Predators would have won Game 6 on Sunday if Colton goal hadn’t been waved off. Preds sure would have liked to try, though... and were ROBBED OF IT in a 1 goal game.

Well, we threw garbage onto the ice, does that count?

In other news: I am going to start the Century thread to close this one out.

I started this thread, I'll close it. Because no Sideshow Bob wannabe with anger management issues is gonna run me out of here.

That's right. Phil Kessel is a back to back Stanley Cup Champion. And there's not a damn thing r/hockey or r/NHL can do about it. The Cup has been raised, the parade has been held. So now We're gonna take the cup down to the river and PARTY ALL SUMMER!!

I started this thread, I'll close it. Because no Sideshow Bob wannabe with anger management issues is gonna run me out of here.
This again? Keep telling yourself I'm the one with anger issues if that makes you sleep better.

Summary : There was no attempt to run you out of here, you took that ball and went home with it. I called you out regarding your bullshit attitude towards other forum members and you taking that spanking like a chump isn't my problem. You lacked respect towards others and I brought you up to speed, savvy?

Blame me for your woes if that makes you happy but be noted several other forum members privately informed me they appreciated my intervention. So take that for what its worth.

Word of the wise, sending me a PM days after this fiasco happen saying pretty much "WTF is your problem" won't get much of a response from me.... but hey, I didn't blow a quick whistle and called in an admin.

What's sad is they probably could have one the cup again without the help from the Zebra's.

I get to pick my games and seats for next season in a couple of hours. Going to try and get the Golden Knights game, just because they're the only NHL team I haven't yet seen in person.

just because they're the only NHL team I haven't yet seen in person.
Huh. I kinda want to make my list now and see which (if any) I haven't seen. I've only been to 1 non-Sabres game so I'm sure there are some west teams I haven't, but when I was a kid my dad would take me to a lot of games vs western opponents because they'd be cheap.

Huh. I kinda want to make my list now and see which (if any) I haven't seen. I've only been to 1 non-Sabres game so I'm sure there are some west teams I haven't, but when I was a kid my dad would take me to a lot of games vs western opponents because they'd be cheap.
My goal this year is to start picking up the team pucks each game I go to that I don't have. I'm kicking myself for not doing that back when I was attending a lot more games.

After thinking about it, I these are the teams I can't remember seeing in person:

Vancouver
Calgary
St. Louis
Detroit
Carolina
Winnipeg (unless you count the thrashers)
Columbus
Vegas
Minnesota

The fact that Carolina is on this list is pretty amazing to me. Only team that's been in the east for my entire hockey fandom.

After thinking about it, I these are the teams I can't remember seeing in person:

Vancouver
Calgary
St. Louis
Detroit
Carolina
Winnipeg (unless you count the thrashers)
Columbus
Vegas
Minnesota

The fact that Carolina is on this list is pretty amazing to me. Only team that's been in the east for my entire hockey fandom.
If you ever want to make it out to Raleigh I'll gladly go to a game.

I still believe that they need to add a caveat to video review: if, in reviewing a play for whether or not an offside or other infraction was not called, a change in possession of the puck occurred, then nothing prior to that change of possession shall be reviewable.

In short, if the linesman blew an offside call, and the puck was turned over in the attacking zone, then the offside becomes non-reviewable.