[NCAAF] 2015 NCAA Football Season

Gary Pinkel has been dealing with lymphoma and is retiring. He is the best coach in Mizzou history and turned us from a common bottom feeder to a consistently good program. I hope hes going to be ok.

My friend and I were talking about it: this has probably been the craziest week at Mizzou since legit integration happened in the 50s.

Yay. WVU curbstomped Kansas. They covered in the first quarter. Yawn.

Ezekiel Elliot is a fucking child. And not in a good way. You're ripping a multiple national championship coach. STFD and STFU.

And finally this...

The U is dead, and people are waiting in line to piss on it's grave. What Schnellenberger did in the late 70s and early 80s was unique, but everyone knows about everyone now. Going into the deepest ghetto in Miami is no secret anymore. A small private school doesn't have the budget to keep up with the heavy hitters of the SEC. Their day is done, and will not be mourned.

(I was in HS the day Testeverde and co. utterly destroyed WVU on Homecoming '86. Can you tell I'm still a little bitter?)

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
He's not wrong though. In a game with terrible conditions where you need to run the ball, you should give your star running back more than two carries.
If you actually watch the videos it's not nearly as bad as ESPN makes it seem. It's almost like they want to sew discord for traffic and clicks.

7 fucking turn-overs. Sure, we had a true freshman backup QB making his first collegiate start against the number 1 defense in the conference, but still - 7 fucking turn-overs. smh.

Our quarterfinal opponent in the DIII playoffs... is UW-Zero.

I mean, UW-Oshkosh.

The only team we lost to in the regular season.

BOOMER!
[DOUBLEPOST=1448903415,1448903320][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do we (OU) get to beat on 'bama again? :troll: I'd sure like to see UNC beat Clemson (not likely).
What happens to Iowa if they lose to State? I'm super glad there isn't Big XII championship games anymore.
So excited! :aaah:

Dave

Staff member
If Iowa loses to State they are effectively done and will go to a major bowl but not the round of four. If Iowa beats State then they HAVE to be in.

B

BErt

Winner of Iowa/MSU is definitely in. The only "maybe" about it was 1 loss Notre Dame, but Stanford took care of that. I suspect that Iowa only dropped in the AP because they were following suit to the previous week of the playoff committee. I don't expect the top four from the committee to change this week. The only real question now is if Stanford winning the Pac-12 championship jumps them and the B1G winner over Oklahoma since they don't play a 13th game. I don't expect it to happen, but it if does then it will basically force the Big XII to add 2 more teams and have an actual championship game, or risk getting left out every year. Best case for the current status quo is Stanford losing their next game and the current final 4 staying as-is.

It would be really nice to have an eight team playoff series. No matter the system, someone will complain. Where's Boise State now that BCS is done?

@BErt I'd like to see the Big XII back to form or disband. I don't think it will disband, but the addition of WVU and TCU has been nice. I don't really know who else would be a well-rounded division. Nebraska was getting stomped on in the Big XII and now they're getting dumped on in the Big Ten. I don't know if Missouri fans are happy with their move to the SEC (@blotsfan). I suppose there are some decent teams in Mid-America or Conf USA or pull Arkansas out of the SEC. It's weird having A&M, Mizzou, and big red out though, and I guess Colorado.

We very much are. Better than the Texas and friends conference.
I think I asked you this last season too. Are you suuurrre? :p

Yeah, here it is.
@blotsfan is Mizzou better off in the SEC or was the Big XII a better fit? I wonder how this playoff system is going to play out. Same goes for A&M and Nebraska. Colorado has always been a joke so they can stay where they're at.
I'll likely ask you again next season. :D

Last edited:
So UNC got screwed tonight. Why did they let the same crew that was suspended for that Duke-Miami fiasco call the freaking ACC championship game?

I don't even like UNC and I'm about as furious about that outcome as I've ever been about anything in football.

Last edited:
As a staunch supporter of Iowa State, I'm obligated to rub this loss in your face, but I find no enjoyment in it.

Dude, the Cyclones haven't had a coach with a winning record since 1978. They're lucky they won three whole games this year.

We beat UW-Zero. Okay, we held off UW-O, but we still won.

This year, though, we play Mount Union - a week earlier than usual, since they put them on the same side of the bracket as us.

Winner goes to play winner of St. Thomas (MN)/Linfield at the Stagg.

It would've been sweet to see OU vs. Iowa due to the history involved. I'd be a bit bitter if I was a Iowa fan. However, I bet they'll be wanting to tear it up next season, and they should get some decent recruits out of this season.

So, the National Championship game was last night and Alabama won. I honestly think that Clemson was the better team out there, they just got beat by the better coach and a lot of lucky big plays. That's not to say Swinney is not a good coach, he just isn't as good as Saban.

I was rooting for 'bama simply b/c of OU's loss to Clemson, but I didn't really care who won. It was an interesting season though. I like the playoffs better than BCS, but I'd like to see an 8-team series.

Special teams play really cost Clemson that game, but it was an awesome game to watch, which is more than I can say about a lot of other games this bowl season. I'm glad 'bama won because the team deserved it, but Kiffin and Saban can still go eat a bag of dicks.