[NCAAB] 2015-16 NCAA Basketball Season (and 16-17)

So if WVU beat the #1 team last night, and wins at #2 Oklahoma on Saturday (which isn't out of the question), that automatically makes them #1, right?

Man, I remember my senior year's basketball team. We had some struggles but they were pretty fun to watch and had some good talent, including Jordan Clarkson who has become a pretty good NBA player. Good tim-

Oh god! My memories! They're fading! We didn't actually play any basketball that year! We had no wins! It never happened! DAMN YOU NCAA!!!

So ESPN did a bit with a guy from the Miami Zoo asking if teams were their mascots, who would win. Guy only considered the animal mascots (Zoo. I know, right?).

That musket the WVU Mountaineer carries? A fully functioning muzzleloader. It can and has fired live ammunition. A recent former Mountaineer got in a little bit of trouble for using his for bear hunting.

Dave

Staff member
The closest bracket ever to be perfect was from a guy who knew nothing about NCAA basketball. This is a little skill and a LOT luck.

Southern was a 16 seed who just lost in the play-in game. If he actually had them going all the way he deserves his failure.

I saw that you can't see other brackets until the second round. Understandable. But really - if there was a Yale/Stony Brook final in the tourney, CBS execs would be head-desking for weeks.

I saw that you can't see other brackets until the second round. Understandable. But really - if there was a Yale/Stony Brook final in the tourney, CBS execs would be head-desking for weeks.
I dunno. I think it might get better ratings from the sheer "what the fuck is this i have to watch" factor.

Dave

Staff member
Yale hasn't beaten a top 25 team since the 1950's and has never won a tournament game. Are you kidding me?

Stony Brook is looking mighty bad, though.

I stopped paying attention to the games to have supper when AR Little Rock was down by 11 points to Purdue. I check it again now and find that they not only managed to come back and tie it, but won in double OT. And my bracket is still perfect (as of 7:52 pm, 3/17).

I have officially had my best start ever now.

12/16. That's about par for the course for me. Over the years I usually hit about 25-28 / 32 for the first round. I've never had a perfect 16/16 day, but have had a few 15/16's.

The key, however, is that the ones you miss on the first round aren't ones you pick to make a deep run. Losing one of your final 4 picks on day 1 is a killer.