[NCAAB] 2015-16 NCAA Basketball Season (and 16-17)

A little late, but I had to find somewhere to put this...

#11 WVU 74 #1 KU 63

A Great Day To Be A Mountaineer Wherever You May Be!

So if WVU beat the #1 team last night, and wins at #2 Oklahoma on Saturday (which isn't out of the question), that automatically makes them #1, right?

Now, let's not start talking crazy. WVU isn't going to beat OU at football or basketball. :twisted:

BOOMER!

Man, I remember my senior year's basketball team. We had some struggles but they were pretty fun to watch and had some good talent, including Jordan Clarkson who has become a pretty good NBA player. Good tim-

Oh god! My memories! They're fading! We didn't actually play any basketball that year! We had no wins! It never happened! DAMN YOU NCAA!!!

My senior year, my school won the DIII National Tournament in Men's Hoops. :D

Welp. Can't beat Big Green on the gridiron, but we can take 'em on the court.

So ESPN did a bit with a guy from the Miami Zoo asking if teams were their mascots, who would win. Guy only considered the animal mascots (Zoo. I know, right?).

That musket the WVU Mountaineer carries? A fully functioning muzzleloader. It can and has fired live ammunition. A recent former Mountaineer got in a little bit of trouble for using his for bear hunting.

I'm in.

Yes, DA, I have Wisconsin beating WVU to get to the Elite Eight. So there. :p

I'm in. I do not follow basketball in general or college basketball at all, so it is always fun to watch my picks crash and burn.

Dave

Staff member
The closest bracket ever to be perfect was from a guy who knew nothing about NCAA basketball. This is a little skill and a LOT luck.

Dave

Staff member
How do you know? Can you see his bracket? I thought they were hidden.

Southern was a 16 seed who just lost in the play-in game. If he actually had them going all the way he deserves his failure.

I saw that you can't see other brackets until the second round. Understandable. But really - if there was a Yale/Stony Brook final in the tourney, CBS execs would be head-desking for weeks.

I saw that you can't see other brackets until the second round. Understandable. But really - if there was a Yale/Stony Brook final in the tourney, CBS execs would be head-desking for weeks.
I dunno. I think it might get better ratings from the sheer "what the fuck is this i have to watch" factor.

Dave

Staff member
Yale hasn't beaten a top 25 team since the 1950's and has never won a tournament game. Are you kidding me?

Stony Brook is looking mighty bad, though.

I stopped paying attention to the games to have supper when AR Little Rock was down by 11 points to Purdue. I check it again now and find that they not only managed to come back and tie it, but won in double OT. And my bracket is still perfect (as of 7:52 pm, 3/17).

I have officially had my best start ever now.

12/16. That's about par for the course for me. Over the years I usually hit about 25-28 / 32 for the first round. I've never had a perfect 16/16 day, but have had a few 15/16's.

The key, however, is that the ones you miss on the first round aren't ones you pick to make a deep run. Losing one of your final 4 picks on day 1 is a killer.