[NFL] 2014 NFL Season

Free agency is in full swing, a number of teams have changed coaches...

Anyone excited with what your team has done so far this off-season?

I think the Titans have made a few good low-key moves in free agency, and I'm way more optimistic about this time than when Munch was coach.

There are still some dominoes to fall w/r/t the Chris Johnson situation and the draft. We could get lucky in the draft, and also if we end up somehow getting a pick for CJ.

Let's see, Panthers

Losses:
Steve Smith, released, now signed with Baltimore
Brandon Lafell, signed by New England
Ted Ginn Jr, signed by Arizona
Domenik Hixon, signed by Chicago
Captain Munnerlyn, signed by Minnesota
Mike Mitchell, signed by Pittsburgh
Jordan Gross, retired

Gains:
Greg Hardy franchised
Roman Harper signed

No, not happy at all. Here's hoping we get some good players in the draft or next season is already sunk.

I hear the Panthers are going to be aggressive with receivers in the draft. That's risky to me, but it could really pay off. We'll see.

Bills didn't really do anything major. We lost Byrd, but no safety is worth what the Saints are paying him IMO.

Giants signed Mario Manningham again, so it looks like Eli will have someone other than Nicks to throw too. Now if they can just rework the offensive line.

Ralph Wilson died.
I hope we don't move.
I'm not sure that's going to happen.

At least, not in the short term, anyways. Your most logical transplant locale can't host the NFL more than once a year, and that other place is being fought over by a dozen other people, none of whom have a stadium built.

I hope so, but I have no idea who would buy the team that wants us here. Jim Kelly has always said he's had an ownership group set up, but he's in no place to do anything right now (fighting bad cancer).

Right now they're safe though. Moving the team in the next 6 years would have a lease-breaking fee of $450 million. The state has been very vocal about wanting a new stadium in Buffalo and if that gets done, I'm sure a 40 year lease or something like that would be signed.

Still, this has been an issue hanging over the Bills for literally as long as I've been a fan of them. Its almost hard to believe it finally happened.

On another forum whence I frequent, it was pointed out that Ralph Wilson is also the reason why the Raiders are still around and kicking. He personally paid debts incurred by the Oakland AFL ownership (which included Al Davis at the time) to keep the team solvent - and the league from having a team on the west coast cease operations.

He did the same for the Patriots. He also was a major player in negotiating the merger. He was a huge player for the AFL

Lamar Hunt gets a lot of the credit, but Ralph Wilson was the one who arguably put the AFL up as an equal to the NFL.

I don't want to see the Bills going anywhere. I have a soft spot for teams in a smaller-size cold-weather market located next to a big lake.

No more field goal dunks after touchdowns. No. Fun. League.

Also going to play with doing extra points from further out during the pre-season, first two weeks will have extra points from the 20 yard line.

Also passed, extending the goalposts from 30 feet high to 35 feet.

No more field goal dunks after touchdowns. No. Fun. League.
I always wondered why this wasn't already covered under "no using the ball as a prop." Clearly this is going to ruin the excitement of the game, just like it has in the college level.[DOUBLEPOST=1395867669,1395867550][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also going to play with doing extra points from further out during the pre-season, first two weeks will have extra points from the 20 yard line.
The only real affect I see with this will be on two-point conversions, extra room to open up more options to the offense along with a higher risk.

I think the no dunking has more to do with the uprights getting bent. If they add another 10 feet of steel to them, it will be even easier to damage.

I couldn't care less. Its awful how they were treated, but I get no enjoyment from the cheerleaders.
I feel the same way. I think they should be paid much more for all the shit they put up with, and simultaneously think that cheerleaders are pointless in the NFL and should just go away.

NFL Cheerleading has always been treated as a hobby and part time for aspiring actresses, dancers and models. If they start training 4+ hours a day, I could see the NFL paying a living wage.

The Packers don't have cheerleaders. Just sayin'.

I only pointed it out because I saw a tweet about it. I didn't know about the lawsuit until I did a Google search.

Clowney, we picked freaking Clowney. We need a quarterback to get the offense going right, and we pick a defensive player with the #1 pick... AAARRRGGGHHHH!

Well sure, but did you really want Johnny Football to be the QB your team picked? At least this way, if you lose games, you might not get blown out every time.