[NCAAF] 2014 College football thread

Winston's suspension now the entire game tomorrow.
Is is just me, or is this one just incredibly stupid? Suspension for shop-lifting? Sure. Possible suspension pending completion of investigation into a sexual assault allegation? Most definitely. Full game suspension for jumping on a table and yelling "fuck her right in the pussy" while mimicking a 9 month old internet meme? Um, why?

Is is just me, or is this one just incredibly stupid? Suspension for shop-lifting? Sure. Possible suspension pending completion of investigation into a sexual assault allegation? Most definitely. Full game suspension for jumping on a table and yelling "fuck her right in the pussy" while mimicking a 9 month old internet meme? Um, why?
From what ESPN was reporting all night I'm guessing he lied to school officials the first time he was asked about the incident.

Mel Kiper probably projects him as being selected by Baltimore in the first round....

(C'mon, you knew that joke was there...)

@DarkAudit WVU had a good first half! :D
WVU has a lot of good first halves.

Honestly, I don't know of any other two-loss team in the country with as "high-quality" losses as WVU. #2 Alabama by ten (in a de facto away game in Atlanta) and #4 Oklahoma by twelve at home. They managed to beat a better-than-advertised Maryland team in College Park. The early schedule has been positively murderous.

At least we get a break next week (Kansas at home).

WVU has a lot of good first halves.

Honestly, I don't know of any other two-loss team in the country with as "high-quality" losses as WVU. #2 Alabama by ten (in a de facto away game in Atlanta) and #4 Oklahoma by twelve at home. They managed to beat a better-than-advertised Maryland team in College Park. The early schedule has been positively murderous.

At least we get a break next week (Kansas at home).
Kansas should be a push-over. They lost to Duke for pete's sake. Oye.

The SEC has been a great move for us. It's a better conference, we make more money, it's not completely ruled by one team (longhorn network) and we've already proven that we can hold our own. Losing the kansas game stinks but there's no doubt it was the right call.

The SEC has been a great move for us. It's a better conference, we make more money, it's not completely ruled by one team (longhorn network) and we've already proven that we can hold our own. Losing the kansas game stinks but there's no doubt it was the right call.
Losing Missouri, A&M, and Neb definitely weakened the Big XII. I'd like to see OU do something else, but for now it's where ever Texas is.

I could conceive of Oklahoma leaving Texas but I'm pretty sure the state government won't let them go anywhere without Oklahoma State.

Yeah, now try living in Pac 12 country and being a fan of a Pac 12 school. Then you get to put up with stuff like this not being called pass interference because the only team with any chance of going to the playoffs might lose if it's called a penalty:

Yep, not even Pac 12 officiating could save them this time. It is a little sad that there won't be any Pac 12 teams in the playoffs though, but oh well.
It's a long season, I think it's really early to say an undefeated Pac 12 team couldn't even be #4 in the nation