[NCAAF] 2014 College football thread

So people, how did your team look today? Mizzou struggled a bit more than I'd like against South Dakota state, but it was still a fairly comfortable win in the end. I'm going to our game next week, which should be a lot of fun. Never been a road college fan before.

Dave

Staff member
Iowa struggled against a tough Northern Iowa, but they got the job done in the end.

Well, let's see. The Cougars lost because they have no defense and can't run the ball in on first and goal from the two because running the ball is a sin in Mike Leach's offense. Boise State lost because, apparently, the head coach really does matter; and the Huskies are barely hanging on because, apparently, the head coach really does matter - and because regardless of how good your second string QB is, you'd really rather have your starter play in the first game, if only he hadn't decided to beat the crap out of a Seahawks fan after they won the Super Bowl. This could turn out to be a very long year, but it's only the first game, so we'll see.

I slept through the WVU-Alabama game thanks to work (that's likely to be a trend this season), so anything I heard about the game is second or third hand.

We didn't get killed. In fact, we put a right scare into 'em.

4th quarter collapse prevented State Street from burning, so I guess we have LSU to thank for that...

My true alma mater doesn't start play until next Saturday vs. Waldorf.

I don't know how I feel about lifting the sanctions. I didn't think they should've been punished in the first place, but once they were punished I don't think you can really say "well what you've gone through now makes up for it"

I don't know how I feel about lifting the sanctions. I didn't think they should've been punished in the first place, but once they were punished I don't think you can really say "well what you've gone through now makes up for it"

I think part of the sanctions was an expedition to lift them if the university complied with the NCAA, which they more than did.

There are a boatload of butthurt SCU and Buckeyes fans over this though. Bottomline from me is that in those cases, there was direct player involvement that could impact the football program in terms of fairness. In which case, yes, the NCAA should get involved and dish out sanctions according to their jurisdictions. PSU was a criminal case in which non of the players were involved. The NCAA should have had no business regarding that whole mess; they just wanted to flex their muscles. I also find it funny how the procedure that Paterno followed is now the SOP adopted by the NCAA for these kinds of situations. I hope the Paterno family wins their case and gets JoePa's legacy back on track.

It's arguably the toughest team on the remnant of their schedule - until they (theoretically) get to the B10 championship.

Notice I said "theoretically" there.

You guys thinking your teams suck are cute.

I'm an Iowa fan.
Dude. Washington State University. We made it back to a bowl game for the first time in I don't remember how long last year and blew it because our idiot coach couldn't figure out to tell the QB to take a friggin' knee. Now we're 1-2 this season and only managed to beat Portland State. We'll be lucky to win any more games this year, but at least we still won't have an 0-12 season like our cross state rivals did a few years back.