[NCAAF] 2014 College football thread

Reactions
373 119 5
SI: Lance Leipold slated to become new head coach of the University of Buffalo, at the end of this season.

@blotsfan - I'm completely floored by the decision. I'm worried my Warhawks' national title run might be coming to an end. :(

Reactions
347 151 0
WSU fired their defensive coordinator and OLB coaches, because apparently it's the defense's fault that the "highest scoring offense in the Pac 12" only scored 13 points against a mediocre defense that recently kicked one of their best players off the team.

Reactions
373 119 5
UWW can come from behind and win, too. Warhawks were down 33-16 after three quarters, and came back with three touchdowns to defeat Wartburg 37-33.

Semifinals next weekend against Linfield; winner plays the winner of Wesley vs. Mount Union in the Stagg Bowl on December 19th.

Reactions
373 119 5
Yep. I think the deal was that he wouldn't take UB's position until after Whitewater's season was over.

He's now 107-6 as a coach.

Reactions
433 90 4
I was meh about WVU's bowl chances until I saw the opponent. Texas A&M.

I'm still kinda meh about the football, but definitely :aaah::aaah::aaah: over the band matchup. I've been watching some of the Aggie Band performances over the last few days. It's... mezmerising.

Reactions
433 90 4
So - you're closer than I am. Good hire, or "Big Ten sliding into irrelevancy continues"?
A bit of confusion here. The WVU folks are going "why? He's barely a .500 coach at Pitt!" And not in the usual trolling the panthers way. He may be a Wisconsin guy, but there's some feeling that everyone involved will come to regret this.

Reactions
373 119 5
There was a wild report out there about Jon Gruden possibly talking to Alvarez about the job.

I don't buy it.

Reactions
373 119 5
1. Death.
2. Taxes.
3. UW-Whitewater vs. Mount Union in the Stagg Bowl.

On a sadder note, the man for whom our stadium was named, Forrest Perkins, passed away today at age 94.

Reactions
299 80 1
Sam Houston State University lost again to North Dakota State University. It was a hard way to end the season, but we had one hell of a season. Especially starting 1-3.

Reactions
373 119 5
Is it even exciting anymore?
It will be next year. Because no one knows whether or not we're going to be competitive with a different coach.

It's still mind blowing: Leipold is 109-6, and half of those losses are all from Mount Union.[DOUBLEPOST=1419088693,1419088629][/DOUBLEPOST]
Southern Oregon (where I work) Raiders won the championship today for the first time ever. They are throwing a parade for the team on Sunday.
Glad to hear it! Always enjoy it, because you never know if it'll happen again.