[NCAAF] 2014 College football thread

Anything happen today?
Bummer...I mean Boomer. :([DOUBLEPOST=1412601615,1412601405][/DOUBLEPOST]I am looking forward to the Oregon/Arizona game. That should be something.

And, it's RRR week!! That's Red River Rivalry for you heathens.[DOUBLEPOST=1412601758][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't know if OU can make it to the end of the season without another loss. Okstate and especially Baylor look quite tough.

No activity after this weekend??

That Baylor/TCU game was great! And, I thought that UNC might knock off ND, which would have been great, but alas. It was close though. ND probably shouldn't be ranked so high. TCU should be ranked higher than OU.

ANNNNND tuck fexas! :twisted:

Last edited:
Mizzou didn't play so nothing for me to comment on because there was no Mizzou game because a game didn't happen on Saturday.

Did WVU spike Baylor's gatorade?! Wow. I hope that means that OU has a chance against them.

Texas A&M. Ah-hahahaha!

OU. Seriously? :mad:

South Carolina finally put together a decent game and won convincingly against... Furman. Oh.

Well, maybe it's a confidence builder for next week when we face... Auburn...

Nevermind, going back to not paying attention to this season.

*sticks fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALA

ESPN will host Gameday from Morgantown this Saturday.

Locals are already asking for a few thousand extra police in the trouble areas.

WVU is closing their season strong. Well done. Should be an interesting game on Sat!

I hope OU finishes out in the top 25 at least. Eesh. Baylor may have our number and Okstate should be a bit of a fight. Oh well. BOOMER! anyway.

Just finished watching Brian and the Boz. Never realized he was Ivy League material. His son almost wanted to choke him... "you could have gone to PRINCETON?!?" :)

The Boz was so ridiculously popular in Oklahoma in the 80s. I remember all the kids in school shaving their heads like him. You would go to the barber and ask for the "The Boz". I haven't seen that documentary yet, but I will.

Brad Paisley speaks the truth. He also made Chris Fowler very nervous at the mention of the "special" cheer WVU folks have at the mention of Pitt. ;)

9-0, 6-0 in the WIAC, and just waiting to find out who our opponent will be on the 22nd when the Division III playoffs start.

The Warhawks have outscored their opponents 380-61; the game on the 1st against Platteville was our closest game of the year (17-7).

2,008 yards rushing vs. 598 allowed; 2,308 yards passing vs. 1,547 allowed; 15 INT's of opponent passers vs. 2 picks of UWW passes.

And, only one fumble lost compared to 9 lost by opponents.

Alabama who?

Well Unfortunatley auburn couldn't get it done so it's all on us. Win out and we're in the SEC championship. Don't and we're not.

I'm glad OU is back in the top 25 this week. They should be able to finish out the season strong, but I won't be too surprised if they don't. Oh well. There's always next season.

Tennessee is a bad team! I have no idea why we were favored! I hope we'll beat Vandy! And every time I've said that in the last ~5 or so years and meant it a part of me dies inside!!!

There's a greater than zero chance I might be able to go to the game in Nashville this weekend. That could be one of those games where it's mildly fun if you win big, but horrifying if it is ever close.

UWW won its first round playoff game against Macalister College, 55-2. We move on to next week's game against Wabash College.

Last edited:
Things I didn't know: UWW has the longest active winning streak in the NCAA, one game longer than that team from Tallahassee.