[News] 2012 Election Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a source that knows a friend that might not be unfamiliar with a non-Fox news employee's cousin on his second Mormon wife's side, vaginas of undecided voters get up at night and mail-in vote Democrat.

That's why Obama won.
Was that source Ann Coulter?

According to a source that knows a friend that might not be unfamiliar with a non-Fox news employee's cousin on his second Mormon wife's side, vaginas of undecided voters get up at night and mail-in vote Democrat.

That's why Obama won.

This little gem can be found here.
Romney Dings Obama for 'Gifts' to Minority Voters

By Devin Dwyer

President Obama today heaped praise on his defeated rival, GOP nominee Mitt Romney, saying the former governor's record and ideas "could be very helpful" in shaping policy over the next four years.

"My hope is, before the end of the year… that we have a chance to sit down and talk," Obama told reporters in his first post-election press conference.
But even as Obama extended something of an olive branch - which some skeptics saw as disingenuous - Romney was reportedly accusing the president of doling out "gifts" to minority voters to curry their support for a second term.

"The President's campaign focused on giving targeted groups a big gift-so he made a big effort on small things," Romney told donors on a conference call, first reported by Maeve Reston of the L.A. Times. "Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars."

Romney claimed Obama had been "very generous" to blacks, Hispanics and younger voters, according to the Times, insisting that the policy decisions had been a decisive factor in high turnout that tipped the scale against him.

"I am very sorry that we didn't win. I know that you expected to win," Romney reportedly said. "We expected to win…. It was very close, but close doesn't count in this business."

Several participants on the call confirmed to ABC News the account and quotes presented by the L.A. Times.

Senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod responded to the "gifts" remark by accusing Romney of "still looking at America through that 47 percent prism."

"Mitt tells donors the takers did him in," Axelrod wrote on Twitter, referencing Romney's remarks earlier this year disparaging 47 percent of Americans as self-perceived "victims" and government dependents.

The back and forth by suggested some lingering ill-feeling on both sides after what was a bruising - often personal - campaign.
On election night after both men spoke briefly by phone, Obama told his supporters that he extended an invitation to meet with Romney to demonstrate a spirit of bipartisanship. But today he conceded he does not know whether Romney is willing to play along.

"He presented some ideas during the course of the campaign that I actually agree with. And so it'd be interesting to talk to him about something like that," Obama said. "There may be ideas that he has with respect to jobs and growth that can help middle-class families that I want to hear."

But Obama added, "I'm not either prejudging what he's interested in doing, nor am I suggesting I've got some specific assignment. But what I want to do is to is to get ideas from him and see if there are some ways that we can potentially work together."
(emphasis mine)

This is why I'm glad Romney didn't win. He doesn't get it, and he has nothing but contempt for anyone who is not an older, middle-to-upper class white male. He equates paying attention to people of color with bribes.

Also, are we supposed to forget his tax plan was basically a love letter to the wealthy? I'm sure he doesn't see that as doling out "gifts."

People vote for the candidate that actually improves their lives? At least Obama's "gifts" went to people who actually needed them.

I have to give you credit, you're willing to play the same song over and over, even if it is terrible.
It's like hyper religious people that even in the face of fact, just keep repeating the same thing as if nothing were ever said. ;) Some call it (living in a bubble) but that would mean they could actually see outside of it. It's more like a room made of lead that was soldered shut as they entered.

I like arguing with Gas (most of the time). It does make me think about my own positions and justify them not really for you all, but for myself. If I find the position lacking, I can always use the new evidence to form a new position.

We almost never agree, but that's not really what I get out of it. I'm not trying to convince him (nor him me).

I like arguing with Gas (most of the time). It does make me think about my own positions and justify them not really for you all, but for myself. If I find the position lacking, I can always use the new evidence to form a new position.

We almost never agree, but that's not really what I get out of it. I'm not trying to convince him (nor him me).
I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong. The way I understand it works is that you should both be convinced that the other one is subhuman filth and also that the one who shouts loudest is right.

I find alot of substance in stienman 's conversations and discussions I've had with him in the past on his views. Mostly because he offers differing ideas on the same subject with an over arcing similarity. It really does get interesting.

I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong. The way I understand it works is that you should both be convinced that the other one is subhuman filth and also that the one who shouts loudest is right.
That really doesn't work when almost all the venom is contained here. It's kind of hard to keep it going when you do other stuff with the guy.

It's kind of like Mario and Bowser. Sure, the asshole might kidnap the princess every other week, but your still going to go go-karting with him, keep up your board game night, and play with him in that tennis league. After all, you've known him for years!

It's kind of like Mario and Bowser. Sure, the asshole might kidnap the princess every other week, but your still going to go go-karting with him, keep up your board game night, and play with him in that tennis league. After all, you've known him for years!
Derail: Wreck-it-Ralph was awesome btw.

Derail: Wreck-it-Ralph was awesome btw.
One of the reviewers whose opinion I pay attention to indicates that Wreck it Ralph was the second most fun film this year (so far - I'm sure hobbit is going to give it a run) for him, and was second only to avengers. Between this and the good reviews it's getting here on halforums, it's on my list of movies to see in the theater, and one of the few movies I could take my kids to and know they'll enjoy.

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/wreck-it-ralph-review

Zappit

Staff member
Giving rich people getting insane tax breaks is not a gift - it's a business expense. S'different.

I mean, Obama reacting to the needs of voters and trying to implement policies that will provide them much-needed help? FUCK that guy, amiright?

From this site, the election if they only let in the white males to vote:
enhanced-buzz-wide-1035-1352488120-4.jpg

There are other maps...ones which show what happened once women were allowed a vote, once poll taxes were abolished, even when the voting age was lowered to 18. Suffrin' Sufferage!

--Patrick

J

JCM

I was just posting some pics of my assassin Sith-in training son when someone used a Master Ball on me. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.