1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

3. Welcome to Halforums!

4. Welcome to Halforums!

5. Welcome to Halforums!

6. The Secret Santa 2014 signup is going on right now! HF Secret Santa 2014: Better Late Than Never Edition

7. The upgrade is complete. Now comes the fun of finding out what all it broke.

8. Welcome to Halforums!

USANA - Scam, Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Health and Advice' started by ThatNickGuy, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy Professional Story Closer

Books:
    I've got a friend on Facebook (actually, the artist who did the cover for my book) who is trying to get me sign up with a company he works for called USANA. And honestly, the more he tries (quite adamantly, I might add) to sell me on it, the less I'm interested.

The more he describes it, the more it sounds like a pyramid scheme or scam.

My google-fu isn't that great, so maybe others could find some solid proof of this? At some point, I'm just going to tell the guy to stop asking me about it because I really don't want to sell something to friends and family.

I did find one quite interesting blog:
    http://www.usanawatchdog.blogspot.ca/

2. drifter

drifter BLEEH BLAH BLEEH BLAH IN MY HANDS

Books:
  3. ThatNickGuy

Books:
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. As soon as I read that you pay a monthly fee to be a member and pay for the products, I said, "Yeah, no. Screw that."

4. ThatNickGuy

Books:
    Well, he kept pushing and pushing it on me, so I finally told him flat out that I'm not interested and please don't bring it up with me again. I was polite about it, but if he kept pushing, I would've told him to fuck off.

5. HowDroll

HowDroll Poe is awesome

Books:
    It's a pyramid scheme. Some random dude came up to me at Starbucks once and tried to recruit me for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. bhamv3

bhamv3 .

Books:
    I would go so far as to say "when has anything that sounds like a scam ever NOT been a scam?"

Sure there are the rare exceptions, but generally speaking if something sounds too good or too dodgy to be legit, it almost certainly is.

7. Covar

Covar It's Clobberin' Time!!!

Books:
    When it's a ponzi scheme?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart Her Royal Highness

Books:
    I didn't want to start a new thread for basically the same thing. I recently found a few of my friends sell and use Advocare "health" supplements. I want to tell them that they are buying into quackery in more than one sense.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.