1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

3. Welcome to Halforums!

4. Welcome to Halforums!

5. Welcome to Halforums!

6. Welcome to Halforums!

Empty folder keeps appearing on desktop

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Chad Sexington, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Scotch Drunk

Books:
    I'm on Windows Vista...

Every time I restart my computer, or plug in a USB drive, my computer creates an empty folder named CDs... I've been googling why this might happen, and then I found this: http://www.technologyquestions.com/...-empty-folder-keeps-appearing-my-desktop.html Everything he describes is exactly what I am suffering.

That is to say:
    [​IMG]

Anyway; any idea why this might occur and how to stop it? It's a minor irritation but still, gah.
  2. Bones

Bones Doc Cupcake himself!

Books:
    i would just nuke and pave your hard drive, nothing stops bugs dead like a good nuke and pave. :D
  3. Hylian

Hylian Honorary Browncoat

Books:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chad Sexington

Books:
    Oh man. If it was the WMP thing, I'm gonna be mad at myself for tolerating it this long! :D Thanks, Hylian.
  5. Bowielee

Bowielee Globally ignored since 1975

Books:
    I had a similar problem back on windows 98. I had a folder that just would not delete no matter what I did and scoured the internet for about 2 hours until I found a solution. Along the way, I found about 200 posts about the issue with no resolutions.
  6. Chad Sexington

Books:
    It appears to be fixed. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.