[Brazelton] Sinéad O'Connor

No more angry bald lady.
Besides her music perhaps best known for being one of the first to so openly and publicly attack the Catholic Church for the continuous sexual abuse of children and massive cover-ups, as well as being a big fighter for women's rights in show business. Her personal life and identity was...A bit of a mess, going from Catholic over atheist and being a priest to Muslim, being married and divorced several times, and proclaiming herself a lesbian (then not, then again). She may have been one of the first somewhat publicly non-"standard gay or lesbian" queer celebrities out there.
She was perhaps a rebel without a cause, but she was definitely a Personality and a great singer.

Dave

Staff member
About the SNL thing…she was right. She was one of the first to raise awareness of what happened in the catholic “schools” in Ireland. And she paid dearly for that. I hope if there is an afterlife she’s finally found peace.

As I've seen mentioned elsewhere, she was really going through it.
...[she] was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as well as complex post-traumatic stress disorder and borderline personality disorder.
Not to mention her son had committed suicide last year, and supposedly she never truly recovered from that. I can't blame her.